Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 01:31 PM
jamestadrowski
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '10 lo

Finally got around to a decent pic in town.

Bassani 2-1 road rage
Arlen Ness stage 2 big sucker
PCV
Custom bags

WHats next?

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-dsc01782.jpg  
Old 07-23-2011, 04:09 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Alright fellas, here comes a stupid question. I'm pretty new to bikes so I dont know much. I'm going to be riding to Telluride in September and need some cheap but decent bags. I found some from river roadI like but are they good? Also with throw over bags do I need the brackets our can I just tie them on my bike?

Old 07-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hang on now.. are you talking about bags for a FatBoy Lo, or bags for a harley in general?

assuming FLSTFB:
I mean there's many options.. are you going alone? (meaning, without a passenger on the bike?) if so, there is an option of removing your passenger seat and putting a solo luggage rack on there, where you can strap down a backpack or pretty much any bag you choose.. I recommend the MotherWell rack if you choose this method..

http://www.motherwellproducts.com/SO...wl-175-09b.htm

Otherwise you'll need to buy the bolt kits and brackets and bags.. because you can't just throw bags over without some kind of support underneath, otherwise they'll rub against the fender/swingarm, and you're taking the chance of something getting caught in the belt etc etc etc

Old 07-23-2011, 05:04 PM
rojuwi
Cruiser

Yeah I'm riding solo. I was thinking of maybe a sissy bar and a bag on that. I want a sissy bar anyway but I was worried about getting everything packed in a bag without getting one that sticks up 4 feet in the air. I will look at the luggage rack for sure

Old 07-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by rojuwi
Yeah I'm riding solo. I was thinking of maybe a sissy bar and a bag on that. I want a sissy bar anyway but I was worried about getting everything packed in a bag without getting one that sticks up 4 feet in the air. I will look at the luggage rack for sure
I have throw over bags and got
a bracket of eBay for $25 that keeps it off the swing arm I
really don't like hard bags on a
lout found bags to be convenient on long rides since my girl loves to ride we do 500 miles easy in a weekend thru the mnts the brackets are chrome but painted mine I'll post pics with bags on and off when I fig out how with my phone or just post a link to you tube

Old 07-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Btw the dealership had demo rides today and I rode the 2012 lo with the 103 there is a diff made my mind up this winter 103 big bore with woods 555 on the fence about head work we will see about finances at that point I'll have close to 10k miles on her by then

Old 07-23-2011, 09:20 PM
FatBoyLo11
Novice

Originally Posted by rquirch
hello there my fellow Lo'ers...
its official, my ride is up for sale.

i'm posting for 18,500 but im more than willing to entertain offers.

Wish me luck!
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motor...ml#post8607632
Sorry to hear about that man. The bike looks amazing I am sure it will sell quick. Good luck with the sale and hope it works out for you

Old 07-24-2011, 09:18 AM
HEMI Army
Cruiser

I don't know about pics but I do know that the period key is down there by the space bar. Your welcome.

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
I have throw over bags and got
a bracket of eBay for $25 that keeps it off the swing arm I
really don't like hard bags on a
lout found bags to be convenient on long rides since my girl loves to ride we do 500 miles easy in a weekend thru the mnts the brackets are chrome but painted mine I'll post pics with bags on and off when I fig out how with my phone or just post a link to you tube

Old 07-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HEMI Army
I don't know about pics but I do know that the period key is down there by the space bar. Your welcome.
I give some people a break because I know a lot of people post from their phones.. I've done it a few times and it's a pain in the buttocks.

and sorry but i've got to do it....
Originally Posted by HEMI Army
Your welcome.
You're **

And when everyone talks about the 103" kits..man I see those online for like $2,200 or something.. I would sooner go with the 107" kit from Fuel Moto for like $1,200 or whatever it is. Though I'm sure the price difference is made up when having the heads ported or swapped out and all the knick knacks and do-dads that go with it.

Last edited by Sgt_Jim; 07-24-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:58 AM
HEMI Army
Cruiser

Yeah I post from my phone most of the time. Never found it any harder to use punctuation. It is however difficult to decipher an entire paragraph without any punctuation.

And yeah I want to do the Fuel Moto 107". Maybe this winter.

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
I give some people a break because I know a lot of people post from their phones.. I've done it a few times and it's a pain in the buttocks.

and sorry but i've got to do it....

You're **

And when everyone talks about the 103" kits..man I see those online for like $2,200 or something.. I would sooner go with the 107" kit from Fuel Moto for like $1,200 or whatever it is. Though I'm sure the price difference is made up when having the heads ported or swapped out and all the knick knacks and do-dads that go with it.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners