Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 02:40 AM
sandsquid
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOOO it is not running. go to the fuelmoto website they have good direction.

Originally Posted by Toledofatboy
I have a 2010 Lo. Bought a Dynojet PV1 and I am ready to flash. Where to I find the correct port to plug in? Also, doesn't say so in the instructions, but I assuming the bike is running when flashing?
you plug into the diagnostic port. turn on the pv and then turn the main switch under your speedo to on. the pv will walk you through it also. dont do it with the bike running.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:28 AM
tvan1988
Cruiser

After reading through most of this thread, and debating back and forth, I signed the papers yesterday for a 2012 Lo in Vivid Black. I get to pick it up this morning. Not too bad of a deal through Topeka Harley, added about 3K in parts and with my trade I was just over 17K out the door. Pretty happy, I'll post some pics after I'm done wrenching on it.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-fatty.jpg  
Old 03-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow a bunch of new Lo owners on here. Welcome forum all of you. Let the Mods begin and have fun with them. Ride safe.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:02 AM
2012Fatso
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tvan1988
After reading through most of this thread, and debating back and forth, I signed the papers yesterday for a 2012 Lo in Vivid Black. I get to pick it up this morning. Not too bad of a deal through Topeka Harley, added about 3K in parts and with my trade I was just over 17K out the door. Pretty happy, I'll post some pics after I'm done wrenching on it.
Never been up to topeka harley. They any good? Maybe ill ride out that way one day.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:30 AM
DrWalkinboner
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AjAnd3rson

Some changes I made:

Went from 16" apes with a 3" riser to 19's with a 1.5" riser
Powder coated the entire front end
powder coated the tank console
New PM 6 piston caliper and new rotor
tank lift
no fender because I'm waiting on a new one to come in
waiting on my RSD gas caps (the new ones with the built in gas gauge)
I think I got most of it.
Looks sweet dude. I went with the no fender mod for awhile until I hit an oil slick from the DOT putting down some pavement. I got oil and all sorts of nastiness all over the front of the engine, my pants/shirt, and face. Never again.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Me and my lady rode 150 miles round trip to the York Harley plant today, did the tour, very sweet! They build all the softails, trikes and touring mod there, very cool highly recamend if you get the chance....

Old 03-22-2012, 08:09 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

I need to do that tour. Hard to believe only about 40 mins. Away. Never seem to get the time free without something else screwing it up.

Old 03-22-2012, 08:35 PM
tvan1988
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 2012Fatso
Never been up to topeka harley. They any good? Maybe ill ride out that way one day.
It's the best dealer from where I'm at. CityCycle Sales in JC is not all that great, so the 40 mile drive to Topeka from Manhattan is the closest dealer worth visiting. I've got my last 2 bikes from Eli there in Topeka and he hasn't done me wrong yet. Both times got a 1000 dollar gift card and he gave me nearly 19K for my trade so I got no complaints.

Got quite a bit done on it today.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-gauges.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-pipes.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-teardown.jpg  
Old 03-23-2012, 07:18 AM
AjAnd3rson
Tourer

Originally Posted by DrWalkinboner
Looks sweet dude. I went with the no fender mod for awhile until I hit an oil slick from the DOT putting down some pavement. I got oil and all sorts of nastiness all over the front of the engine, my pants/shirt, and face. Never again.
Dooooooooooooddddddd!

Where you been man?

Glad to see you're still around!

Ever since Rquirch bailed I've kinda tapered off on here....

I'm only rockin the no fender because I'm waiting on a new one thats back ordered.

My old one got damaged when a brother came in too hot and hit my fender.

I'm also waiting on the new hotness RSD gas caps that actually have a built in Low fuel light in them.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:25 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i rode with a guy on a bike a few weeks ago, i swear he had every part that RSD makes on that thing..the wheels, the handlebars, the gas caps, the air cleaners, the engine covers..it was like a walking ad for PM and RSD..
i like RSD stuff just fine, except for the logo plastered all over everything

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners