Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 06:03 PM
t03cutt3r
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
I just zipped tied mine up behind the throttle body I think. I suppose you could cut it off but I wouldn't recommend it since there's no telling what it might mess up on these newer bikes.
I think I'll try to zip tie approach.

Thanks Bob.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:41 PM
bauer4567
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
+1 love the look, or lack thereof, of turn signals.

Another question about these alloy art signals... Are they short enough to fit with the bagger tail?

Old 04-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope somebody can learn from my lesson. Check that you have all the parts before you start something. I drained the oil and pulled the filter from my bike to start the oil cooler install. Everything was going great without too much spilled oil until I got to the part where I was supposed to install the new oil filter adapter. Yeah it turns out there wasn't one in my kit. Now the bikes up on the stand instead of being ridden 100 miles to visit my buddy in the hospital from a bike accident. I hope the dealer can make it right tomorrow but the bike will probably be on the stand for a week or two since the odds they have one laying around are nill. Although they probably do have the one I took back so maybe they'll be willing to give me that one. On the plus side I used the time to swap out the easy brackets lay down license plate with poor powder coating for a new one which is a project that's been sitting on the side for several months. Wish me luck

Old 04-06-2013, 08:57 AM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by bauer4567
Another question about these alloy art signals... Are they short enough to fit with the bagger tail?
Not sure. In what dimension exactly are you wondering? They slip over the end of the strut cover and utilize the rear bolt hole for bags/sissy bar mount. They add about 1" to the length of the strut cover for the LED light assembly and add about 1/8" to the thickness to that rear mount hole. Don't know if this helps, but I can still have my quick detach hardware installed and put the sissy bar on without issue. Let me know if you want up close pics.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Joe_Brock
Cruiser

Originally Posted by beasleyiv
Not sure. In what dimension exactly are you wondering? They slip over the end of the strut cover and utilize the rear bolt hole for bags/sissy bar mount. They add about 1" to the length of the strut cover for the LED light assembly and add about 1/8" to the thickness to that rear mount hole. Don't know if this helps, but I can still have my quick detach hardware installed and put the sissy bar on without issue. Let me know if you want up close pics.

Id like some upclose pics if you wouldnt mind! And...the website where you bought them! Thanks pal!!

Joe

Old 04-07-2013, 06:19 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Ok guys need a little advise, I live in western MD where the summers are brutal with 90+ and very high humity and last year oil temps reached 260+ a few times, I'm torn with getting a Harley oil cooler or the fan assisted ultra cool, I'm not a fan of the bulky size of the ultra cool but I've been stuck in traffic quite a few times and since there's more rows and the fan would blow air over the cooler while I'm sitting in traffic with air temp and humity it's prob going to be at least 105 @ times, and start to stress about over heating my bike.... A few guys have told me since I want to ditch my PCV for the thundermax w/auto tune, that the bike is going to run cooler with it to just get the thundermax and see how the summer goes.... Any thoughts or input??? Thx in advance

Last edited by Lone wolf lo 10; 04-07-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:38 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Hey SGT JIM.. Maybe I've missed your review how's the 107 treating you?

Old 04-07-2013, 01:18 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lone wolf lo 10
Hey SGT JIM.. Maybe I've missed your review how's the 107 treating you?
I took it out a few weeks ago, had a weird noise coming from the cam chest, so I brought it back in and tore the bottom apart again to check everything over.. put it all back together carefully checking everything, took it out on Friday and that noise was still there, so I don't know what it is.. the oil is pumping, it's not smoking, and it doesn't sound like something is wrong.. i'm probably just over thinking it.

Anywho, aside from that noise, the thing is incredible.. there's just so much power compared to the 96".. barely have to twist the throttle before you're trying to keep your *** on the seat. I haven't gotten enough miles on it yet to figure what kind of gas mileage im getting, and once it's a bit more broken in ill get a proper tune on it and get it on the dyno to see what kind of numbers it's making

Old 04-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Lightafatty
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Updated pics of Blackline dash and HD flush mount caps.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lightafatty
Updated pics of Blackline dash and HD flush mount caps.

Sweet looking bike, what front fender are you running

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners