Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 12:54 PM
t03cutt3r
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atlantaallen
I haven't had a Softail for years so I am new to the Softail forum. Hope I can get some advice. I'm just starting my FBLo and want some noise from a 2-1 pipe, but I don't want the drone at highway speeds that gives me a headache.

Any suggestions? I like the look and sound of either a Rinehart 2-1 or Pro Pipe but don't know how either is out on the road. Thanks
When I was in the market for pipes, I looked at comments in this thread and I also spent a butt-load of time on you tube listening to different pipes (not necessarily on a Lo) If you really want to get a good idea about pipes, go to a event, or a stealer holding an event and see and hear first hand what everyone likes/has. You'll get a million opinions, but it should steer you in the right direction for your pipes.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:04 PM
JC0311
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightafatty
Updated pics of Blackline dash and HD flush mount caps.

Bro, I cant get over how slick that looks, if it wasnt cuz I am done sinking money into my bike for the moment, I would definetly look into doing something like that. Do you know if there is anyway you can retro fit a blackline speedo on to that?

Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 PM
JC0311
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by atlantaallen
I haven't had a Softail for years so I am new to the Softail forum. Hope I can get some advice. I'm just starting my FBLo and want some noise from a 2-1 pipe, but I don't want the drone at highway speeds that gives me a headache.

Any suggestions? I like the look and sound of either a Rinehart 2-1 or Pro Pipe but don't know how either is out on the road. Thanks
I have a Bassani 2 into 1 road rage, great pipe, not to loud but once you mash on the throtthle you know its there. Theres a few variations of this pipe for our bikes, I have the shorter version.

Name:  d7f39500-c8a7-4f67-915a-97b7fa8e3f6a_zpsc3632f56.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  161.9 KB

Old 04-09-2013, 05:14 PM
kidkrylon73
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey lightafatty. where did you find the rear fender. or is it a kit

Old 04-09-2013, 05:44 PM
Lightafatty
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JC_FXDWG
Bro, I cant get over how slick that looks, if it wasnt cuz I am done sinking money into my bike for the moment, I would definetly look into doing something like that. Do you know if there is anyway you can retro fit a blackline speedo on to that?
The Blackline has different top triple tree that the speedo mounts to. Probably have to change out the whole front end for that to work. Sportster speedo that is part of the riser or the Breakout speedo would work.

Originally Posted by kidkrylon73
Hey lightafatty. where did you find the rear fender. or is it a kit
Fender, struts, splash guard and seat is a kit from Heartland.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:09 PM
kidkrylon73
5th Gear

ok wasnt sure if it was a heartland. bike looks awesome btw

Old 04-10-2013, 07:55 AM
GriffinDenim13FLHX
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 90 Posts

Out of all of these riders in the low section ...Anyone in the Idaho area? Am I the only one who rides in the mountains lol.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:25 AM
atlantaallen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JC_FXDWG
I have a Bassani 2 into 1 road rage, great pipe, not to loud but once you mash on the throtthle you know its there. Theres a few variations of this pipe for our bikes, I have the shorter version.

How's the drone at highway speeds?

When I had loud pipes on other bikes, it never bothered me unless running at highway speeds and that's when I found wearing earplugs made the ride better. The drone is a hard one to tell because you can go to a lot of events and listen to other folks bikes but you never can tell what it sounds like from the captains chair on the interstate. Thanks for your reply.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:29 PM
beasleyiv
Road Master
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default PC Disaster

I put some scratches in my nacelle doing another project. I had to get some stuff PC'd and thought I'd have them fix the nacelle. They said they'd just scuff the surface and re-coat. They called today and said that the nacelle halves are toast due to the media blasting. I'm like, hmm ok I thought you were just going to scuff. I went to go look at them to see if they were salvageable, nope.

The money shots:

Note the hole in this one

Oh well, things happen. Seems the guy doing the blasting got a little excited. I found a couple used ones on ebay today by chance and snagged them. They're paying for them so all is good. This is also why I tend to save some important parts. The stock headlight is already back on the bike waiting for the sunshine to come out tonight tomorrow. I should be back in business with the nacelle by the end of the week.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:36 PM
FatboyMo
6th Gear

Hay Fatboy lo owners whats up? Hope you guys are in the brotherly mood cause I just got my self a fatboy lo and can't wait to gets some mods on it and could use some help.

I so far just received my V&H short shot exhaust and wanted to replace the stock headlights with a freight train headlight with bullet black driving lights and a long sissy bar on the back with a passenger seat pad for the wifey... Tried looking for the last two but didn't find anything online that was to my liking, maybe Im not looking in the right place, any suggestions?

Ad any suggestions in general on what to do cause I'm still a rockie and could do with some advice...

Thanks Fatboys

FatboyMo

Fatboy lo (metallic midnight blue)

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners