Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And the Oil issue.. some times its the simple things.. the dip stick was bad.. lots of messes and 15 bucks later.. that is working out well so far.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Stratoscape
Advanced

Guys need some advice.. I have never road another bike other than my lo. I bought it while i was down range and love it. I don't mind scratches and i take it camping and its always dirty so I am not big on tooth brush cleaning. I am at a cross roads.. Since this is my first bike and I spent a few bucks on it. Slammers, V&H, Stage 1 etc.... and I am not really a tinkerer, I want to have one bike and call it a complete mid life crisis. I am told the Road Kings and Baggers have a much smoother ride. With everything that comes with them (im not overly fond of the looks though) I am torn.
I can upgrade to with a stock 103 and ABS and hard bags etc.. which will cost me my Lo and maybe 10k. Or I can just say screw it drop about 3k to fuel moto go with a 107 and drop another 3-4k nutting around with decking out my lo. And ride this bitch for the next 15 years.

1. While I'm on the Brake trip, is ABS all its cracked up to be?
2. Is the ride on the baggers/touring bikes really different?
3. Am I looking at this crazy?

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-2013-05-10-11.06.59.jpg  
Old 05-12-2013, 10:18 PM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Strat, Sorry about your luck with the brakes.

As for what to do with your bike, it's all up to you man. I considered going the bagger route, but decided I liked sitting "in" the bike, not "on" it, and I have already put so much money, blood and sweat into this bike, I couldn't get back near what I put into it. So here in a bit (as in like the next 2-3 weeks) I am going to go ahead and spring for a windshield, some springer bags (both detachable of course) and the Shotgun Shock and maybe a couple other goodies (like a nice fat, comfy seat) and call it a day. Eventually I plan on doing to 107" kit, but that will be later on down the road. Maybe next year haha.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:11 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Strat, Sorry about your luck with the brakes.

As for what to do with your bike, it's all up to you man. I considered going the bagger route, but decided I liked sitting "in" the bike, not "on" it, and I have already put so much money, blood and sweat into this bike, I couldn't get back near what I put into it. So here in a bit (as in like the next 2-3 weeks) I am going to go ahead and spring for a windshield, some springer bags (both detachable of course) and the Shotgun Shock and maybe a couple other goodies (like a nice fat, comfy seat) and call it a day. Eventually I plan on doing to 107" kit, but that will be later on down the road. Maybe next year haha.
I hear ya. The way I look at it, unless someone steals my Lo (knock on wood)....it's going to be with me for many years and might as well do it up right.

Fat comfy seat? No need heh...conisder the C&C bud. Way more comfortable than stock and get to keep a bit of low profile for style. Or are ya thinking a nice big Mustang pillow haha?

Old 05-13-2013, 09:08 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Josewales
I hear ya. The way I look at it, unless someone steals my Lo (knock on wood)....it's going to be with me for many years and might as well do it up right.

Fat comfy seat? No need heh...conisder the C&C bud. Way more comfortable than stock and get to keep a bit of low profile for style. Or are ya thinking a nice big Mustang pillow haha?
I am still considering the low profile C&C for just riding around town but for really long trips, yes I am considering a Mustang or a Saddleman; they both have driver backrests.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 477 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Stratoscape
And the Oil issue.. some times its the simple things.. the dip stick was bad.. lots of messes and 15 bucks later.. that is working out well so far.
The seal was bad? Glad it was simple. As far as your brakes, I would be getting another opinion, if the original repair was done under warranty then dealer #2 shouldn't have any problem covering their repair as long as they are both authorized dealers. Unless it was done under some sort of special policy. My opinion is that dealer number one replaced the parts but didn't resolve the cause of the problem. Good luck man

Old 05-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
I am still considering the low profile C&C for just riding around town but for really long trips, yes I am considering a Mustang or a Saddleman; they both have driver backrests.
I would get the C&C w/gel first and see how long until the *** hurts. A couple weeks ago, I finally got a good 4 hours of riding in one night on the new seat and at the end hardly felt it. Where with stock seat, after 2 hours I was pulling over every hour to stretch. In case you are not aware, the new style 200mm C&C solo can come with the backrest....plus still can use the detachables that need to fender nuts (slides under t-bracket). The seat is not up on their site yet. I ordered the old style and ended up with the new style....glad they screwed up haha.

Anyways heres a pic of the new style with backrest...

Hope this helps.

Name:  CE8362A5-1D5E-45E0-9904-30186ED0973B-1093-000001D9115D50EF_zpsdfc2e9de.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  59.3 KB

Name:  9B6B16F1-1281-44AB-B396-41B4CD3E0CAD-1093-000001C29BF01235_zpsf90edded.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  210.2 KB

Old 05-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Lone wolf lo 10
Tourer

Originally Posted by Griff11Lo
To: Josewales
Did you notice a difference when placing your mirrors on the bottom of the bars?
I like the clean look of the top line of the bars, took a bit to get used to looking under for the mirrors but now its second nature love them

Old 05-13-2013, 12:37 PM
2013SGJK
Novice
Default Lo

Just picked up my 2011 Lo yesterday. Has 3300 miles on it, stage one done with PC5, Arlen Ness AC, and Martin Bros exhaust. I think I may switch out the exhaust to stay with black...so if anyone is interested shoot me an offer. They sound pretty mean, I just want black.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-imag0083.jpg  
Old 05-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013SGJK
Just picked up my 2011 Lo yesterday. Has 3300 miles on it, stage one done with PC5, Arlen Ness AC, and Martin Bros exhaust. I think I may switch out the exhaust to stay with black...so if anyone is interested shoot me an offer. They sound pretty mean, I just want black.
Welcome to the cool kids club. If those pipes have heat shields just have them ceramic coated black.

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners