Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big City vrs V&H

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 06:20 AM
coronerrpm
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Big City vrs V&H

I have the V&H big radius on the bike now and was thinking of the big city baffles. If I swap them out will I need to remap my Power Commander-5 or is the map for the V&H pipes the same?

Also, the V&H pipes only have 400 miles on them so as far as removing the baffles for the swap, is it a big job? I have seen post where people had to fight to get the baffles out? I am hoping that with only 400 miles they will slip out but not sure if there are other reasons they are hard to remove.

Thanks

Old 05-30-2010, 07:38 AM
Rockyriver
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is your map a custom map by a dyno guy, or a pre installed map from the internet or the person that sold you the tuner. It will be fine to run the bike with the map you have now, however if you want the bike to run at its full potential get a remap. If you don't mind the bike being at about 90%-95% or so of its potential it is fine. I saved the $300 and I am happy with the small power lose. As far as getting the baffles out a little WD-40 and a pair of needle nose pliers will probably do the job. If not get a small slide hammer and they will come right out after you remove the small screw that holds them in.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:30 AM
coronerrpm
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The map was done from fuel moto. I am going to order the baffles tomorrow and see how it goes.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:52 AM
jbg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't believe V&H Big Radius 2-2 have baffles in them at all. At least they don't come with them from the factory. I'm not even sure if the pipes can take baffles?

Old 05-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Dick Darko
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jbg
I don't believe V&H Big Radius 2-2 have baffles in them at all. At least they don't come with them from the factory. I'm not even sure if the pipes can take baffles?
mine do not have baffles, which is something i want to change very soon... i hope they can take baffles

Old 05-30-2010, 10:34 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jbg
they do come with baffles.

it's not a hard job to do. and you don't have to get it re mapped. you'll like the big city thunder monster baffles if you get them. they sound awesome !!

here is a picture of my thunder monsters mocked up inside the pipes.

Attached Thumbnails Big City vrs V&H-baffles.jpg  
Old 05-30-2010, 08:43 PM
islander08
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should sound sweet. I just put them in my Bassani Pro Streets. Had to have sleeves made for them but no problem for any good exhaust shop. Shop owner did them for free so I threw him a twenty for the beer kitty. If you don't want loud, don't get the regular monsters.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:05 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jbg
oh yes they do,& there is always 1 that is a complete PITA to get out!
ALAIN those are real close to the end of pipe

Old 05-30-2010, 10:16 PM
MYKSHD
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put Big City QQ baffled in my Big radius pipes this spring. The original baffles were a real pain to get out. I rigged up a homemade slide hammer that fit inside the baffle and hooked the flat threaded nut. The boys at BCT told me to put the QQs as far inside the exhaust pipes as I could get them up against the header pipes, then I cut down the original baffles and put them in against the QQs. Made a sweet setup. Mike.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:19 PM
Toneaero
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed the BCT baffles into my Big Radius just 2 days ago. The sound is amazing! Deep and loud. I ran it without baffles once and it was 10x times louder than with the 12" baffles it came with. Once I placed the 4" baffle from BCT in, it sounded like the no-baffles setup. The top stock baffle was a b*tch to get out.

Quick Reply: Big City vrs V&H