Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show off your FatCats

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,414 Likes on 2,643 Posts

I would love it if they sold a fishtail tip for it.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:08 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by KeeBee
What is the advantages going with the Fatcat over the Sampson "Cholo" exhaust? From the Youtube videos people are claiming more HP and from the videos it seems the Fatcat is louder as well.
You'll almost always get more power out of a good 2-1, like the Fatcat, over duals. As far as loudness goes, it depends on whether you get one or the other with or without baffles. More power and better sound is the general claim on the Fatcat with quiet baffle, tho.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:08 PM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thx for the reply and info.

Old 01-17-2011, 05:53 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by KeeBee
What is the advantages going with the Fatcat over the Sampson "Cholo" exhaust? From the Youtube videos people are claiming more HP and from the videos it seems the Fatcat is louder as well.
The Samson's without baffles will be louder without a doubt. With baffles I am not sure. I run the standard baffle in my fatcat with a 95" build and it sounds great, but quite different than the Samson's. I had Samson's on my ride a few years back and loved the sound of them without baffles but i felt I was losing a bit of low end torque with them. Eventually I swapped them out and low and behold, my bike became a rocket ship.

I am not saying your bike will not run good with Samson's, as it will. But for my need for power a 2 into 1 and a 95" build has really done the trick.

I still miss the sound of my fishtails when I hear a bike rolling down the road with them.

Drew

Old 01-18-2011, 11:17 AM
KeeBee
Road Master

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
The Samson's without baffles will be louder without a doubt. With baffles I am not sure. I run the standard baffle in my fatcat with a 95" build and it sounds great, but quite different than the Samson's. I had Samson's on my ride a few years back and loved the sound of them without baffles but i felt I was losing a bit of low end torque with them. Eventually I swapped them out and low and behold, my bike became a rocket ship.

I am not saying your bike will not run good with Samson's, as it will. But for my need for power a 2 into 1 and a 95" build has really done the trick.

I still miss the sound of my fishtails when I hear a bike rolling down the road with them.

Drew
Is the Fatcat louder than the stock exhaust? Want something that is kinda loud and has a good performance gain. If the "Cholo" exhaust is going to get me tickets I don't think I want to mess with it. Long as cars around me can hear me that helps too.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:33 AM
SMF
Banned

Originally Posted by keebee
is the fatcat louder than the stock exhaust? Want something that is kinda loud and has a good performance gain. If the "cholo" exhaust is going to get me tickets i don't think i want to mess with it. Long as cars around me can hear me that helps too.
the cholos wont get you tickets, you get yourself tickets hahahahaha

Old 01-18-2011, 01:13 PM
KeeBee
Road Master

Originally Posted by BOBBEREVO88
the cholos wont get you tickets, you get yourself tickets hahahahaha
haha this is true. Just hoping the cops leave Harleys alone here in Houston.

Got tired of getting harassed on my sport bike.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:53 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Get it.....u'll really dig it...

Old 01-18-2011, 02:00 PM
SMF
Banned

Originally Posted by keebee
haha this is true. Just hoping the cops leave harleys alone here in houston.

Got tired of getting harassed on my sport bike.
what ever you get bro, fat cats sound sick also !! Just not as mean as the cholos w/o the baffel. But youll get the performance which is a plus either way your gonna spend some coin and have some sick pipes

Old 01-18-2011, 10:18 PM
NCTURBOS
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

D&D Boarzilla, the big brother to the FatCat, sweeps up some at the canister... See the picture in my Sig., installed on my Heritage.

K.

Quick Reply: Show off your FatCats