Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise on the Convertible, WTF over.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 PM
purecountry13b
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise on the Convertible, WTF over.

Ok, so we have been trying to rig cruise control on our softies for a long time. The MoCo has refused to help a brother out, now along comes the softail convertible with cruise standard!!!! Can they now put it on the rest of our bikes? Any thoughts?

Old 09-02-2010, 09:44 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

use the throttle lock

Old 09-02-2010, 10:14 PM
purecountry13b
Tourer

I do, I'm just wondering when the good idea fairy finally made a visit to Milwaukee.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:22 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

i think its just something else to go wrong, remember chevys 4 wheel steer, lol..that didnt last long....i rode a street glide, and they have an option to shut a cylinder down by rotating the throttle forward, i think i would shut a cylinder down on accident alot...lol...jus my 2 penny thou

Old 09-02-2010, 10:23 PM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I would sure love to have it on my Fatty.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Rabbit_
Road Captain

You can always get one of these.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:19 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They have cruise but also have electronic throttle control, not too keen on that yet

Old 09-03-2010, 06:39 AM
C O L E M A N F U
Road Captain

I have a deal called Break Away CC on my Vmax - love it but not sure if they have a HD application?

Very slick - http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/

Old 09-03-2010, 06:58 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Touring cruise ctrl works fantastic (just like a cage) and comes in real handy on long trips. Elec throttle's been working well for HD's & matches good w/any tuner box. No worries w/the Engine Idle Temp cyl settings b/c you can't just run bike on one jug - only kicks in during high temp (bike & air) conditions. Yes, these newer bikes are starting to resemble cages w/all the computer gadgets, but sure makes biking more comfortable. Look around on internet, or ask HD - I'm sure there are after-market cruise control systems for your SofTail. Good luck!

Last edited by Iceman24; 09-03-2010 at 06:59 AM. Reason: sp
Old 09-03-2010, 07:28 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
i think its just something else to go wrong, remember chevys 4 wheel steer, lol..that didnt last long....i rode a street glide, and they have an option to shut a cylinder down by rotating the throttle forward, i think i would shut a cylinder down on accident alot...lol...jus my 2 penny thou
No, you really can't.....you can enable or disable that system by rolling the throttle forward and HOLDING it for a few seconds. Even with it enabled, the ETMS won't cut a cylinder out unless the engine reaches a certain temp and the bike is in N neutral or you have the clutch in and are giving no throttle input. It basically only does it when you ae stopped. As soon as you take off it kicks back in. The only difference is if you run a PC. You sometimes have to blip the throttle with the clutch in to keep it from wanting to stall. That was more because of the PC than the "system"

As for cruise control, as some of you know, I came off of a Road King and onto the Crossbones. It wasn't because I wanted to as much as out of necessity. I can tell you the two things I miss the most about the Road King is the bags and the cruise control. I didn't realize how much I used it. Mine was an 09 so it was also throttle by wire. A lot of guys talk about how bad that stuff is, how much they don't trust it, blah blah blah. Its called technology. I will tell you, none of the "new fangled gizmos" on my Road King ever failed me. There were guys in the touring section that had to take the bike in for warranty work on the throttle by wire or other new gadgets, but there were also guys getting warranty work on pretty much every other part of the bike too. All I am saying is don't knock some of the stuff til you've tried it.

Quick Reply: Cruise on the Convertible, WTF over.