Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Deciding on Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 07:01 AM
doghair
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IceColdDeluxe
doghair, did you stay with the canister that came with the pipes, or did you upgrade to one of their performance options?

Also, I'd probably end up going with the smooth shields, but what is funny is that on their website, the picture of the smooth shields on a deluxe appear to angle down just a bit while on yours the muffler looks perfectly level. I wonder if they are in fact slightly different or if it is just the camera angle being off just a hair. I would think it wouldn't make a lot of sense to alter the system just because of a different shield.
I went with the standard baffle that comes with. Very happy with it. It's louder than stock but not a lot unless you get on it. Deeper sound, love it.

That picture got me wondering too. The pipe is the same, just different shields. The setup is completely different between the long and short can models.

Also, I use the fuelpak with a generic 2:1 map, runs awesome.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:58 AM
IceColdDeluxe
Cruiser

I definitely will go with the long can. I like the look better for one. Also, I am hoping that by extending the pipe past the tire that I will get less exhaust smoke build up on the WW. I think I might have to contact them to get the details on the smooth setup and if it really does angle down just slightly. If it is, then I might end up going serrated. I'm planning on also installing a 21" front and a Shotgun Shock, so any downward angle will be magnified. Samson true duals are also still in the running, but without the fish tails.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:36 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The Doc can get you the Roadhouse or Samson's, whatever you are after as well. If you want more power get the Roadhouse, if you are after the true dual looks get the Samson's.

Drew

Old 10-06-2010, 09:26 AM
NHFatBoyLo
Advanced

I agree that the Road House Classic 2-1 pipe is the way to go. It's not what everybody is doing and it definitely looks good. Combine that with the added performance benefits and it seems like you couldn't go wrong.
It actually has me thinking how'd the Road House would look on my Lo. If only I had the $$ so I could brake the mold before somebody else does....
Good luck with whichever you decide.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Hammy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have V&H straightshots, the come with the straight through baffles that are too loud for most people. They are also plenty loud with the optional "quiet" baffles.. They look classic and I like loud pipes but these give enough back pressure and change the tone vs straigh drag pipes.. I'm not saying to buy from J&P but their catalog is a must for seeing most of the types of exhaust available. Cobra exhaust systems also sound good and are alot quieter than the V&H pipes..

Old 02-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Dite
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am looking for stock exhaust on a Deluxe...

Old 02-21-2011, 08:01 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts

I went with the V&H Big Shot Longs. I love them. Great deep sound and enough performance for what I do. Yeah the 2-1 would give me a few more horses, but I'm never in that big of a rush, lol.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:21 PM
nova_SS
Cruiser

I went through the same process a couple years ago. I ended up going with the D&D FatCat. I went with the one for the Heritage. It's a couple inches longer than the standard softail. I like the look, sound and performance. Made 6th gear more usable due to the added torque.
For some reason probably due to no one is ever satisfied I've been thinking about going with Samson Duals. I like the look of all the different lengths depending on the bike there on. For me I'd probably goe with the length that extends just beyond the rear fender. I think the standard length comes back just about even with the fender.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:38 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 817 Likes on 803 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBBEREVO88
39" cholos only way to go on a deluxe
I said this in the other thread,,, Ur guys in CALI are just different.
Most Mid-Westerns don't do them, at least haven't seen any that long around, and when reading some info on the pipes and where the name came from, found this

Cholos,,,,,
Mexico
In Mexico, to be a “cholo” is to be a part of a youth subculture associated with drugs and gangs which is strongly associated with Ciudad Nezahualcóyotl.[14] The city's name is commonly shortened to Ciudad Neza or simply Neza.
The phenomenon of gangs came to Mexico from the U.S. in the 1980s.[15] The first Mexican cholo groups came about in the 1990s, and were called by various names, such as “barrios,” “clickas” and “gangas.”

Many of these groups were formed by youths who had spent time in the United States returned with a different identity.[14] Most cholos are youths between 13 and 25 years old who generally do not finish school beyond the eighth grade.[15]

These groups mimic the organization of gangs found in the United States, especially California. Cholos have their own style of dress and speech. They are known for hand signals, tattoos and graffiti. They are also involved in the use and sale of drugs, especially marijuana. Groups of cholos control various territories in the city.

Most of the violence among these groups is over territory.[14] Some of the better known cholo gangs in Neza are “41 Streeet,” “DK13,” “Cobras 13,” “Los Sur 13,” “Cobras 38,” “Los Mexican,” “Los de la 33,” “La 14” and the “Sur Kings.”[15]

We do have trouble with the youth wearing pants that falls to the ground if they let go of them.

Last edited by oct1949; 02-21-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:34 PM
big6x6
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to admit I REALLY like the Roadhouse 2 into 1. Looks great... IF I were to make a change...probably would be it. BUT...I really like the traditional, classy looks and sound of the Rush slip-ons...

Quick Reply: Need Help Deciding on Exhaust System