Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Deciding on Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 03:32 PM
IceColdDeluxe
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Deciding on Exhaust System

I've got a 2010 Softail Deluxe that I plan on doing some major work on over the cold Illinois winter. The two main additions will be Ride Wright wheels and the Shotgun Shock system. I also want to upgrade the exhaust from the SE Slip-ons I currently have. The long fishtails aren't quite my style, so I was wanting to hear what others have had and liked. I have a preferance for straight pipes that extend to or right about the back of the rear tire. I just haven't seen anything out there that really blows me away. I am not opposed to a 2 into 1 system. All I know is that I'll know "it" when I've seen it, and I haven't seen "the ones" yet.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:33 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

39" cholos only way to go on a deluxe

Old 10-05-2010, 03:34 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

V&H Big Shot Longs look and sound good on a softail. They go past the rear axle.
I also like the big shot staggered.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm going against the Deluxe with fishtails and ape hangers grain. I'm doing a set of Big Radius 2 into 2s....I want to do a mix of new and "edgey/streamlined" along with the overall nostalgic look of the bike.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:17 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

2-1 Thunderheader or thunderheader slip-ons for true duals:

http://www.thunderheader.net/1061.htm

The Road House 2-1 pipe also looks bitchin' on the Deluxe:

the looks

the sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjSbF...ext=1&index=32

Old 10-05-2010, 04:50 PM
IceColdDeluxe
Cruiser

Yeah, the ape's aren't much my style either. I actually like the feel of the stock bars but might look for something with a bit more pullback. I like the 2 into 2's, but more so on a rocker c or a fat boy. I don't think it'll go with the look I'm aiming for.

I think we might just have a winner already with the Road House 2 into 1..... That thing looks pretty tight and sounds awesome.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:10 PM
doghair
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IceColdDeluxe
I think we might just have a winner already with the Road House 2 into 1..... That thing looks pretty tight and sounds awesome.
I don't regret mine for a second.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Iron lHorse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,397 Likes on 1,172 Posts

I would recommend looking at pipes with a good set of baffles or closed baffles. I have the V&H Big Shots on my deuce and the pipes are way to loud. They use a open spiral baffle that gives the motor no back pressure! And there just like looking through a telescope .

Old 10-05-2010, 08:38 PM
IceColdDeluxe
Cruiser

doghair, did you stay with the canister that came with the pipes, or did you upgrade to one of their performance options?

Also, I'd probably end up going with the smooth shields, but what is funny is that on their website, the picture of the smooth shields on a deluxe appear to angle down just a bit while on yours the muffler looks perfectly level. I wonder if they are in fact slightly different or if it is just the camera angle being off just a hair. I would think it wouldn't make a lot of sense to alter the system just because of a different shield.

Old 10-06-2010, 01:35 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Iron lHorse
I would recommend looking at pipes with a good set of baffles or closed baffles. I have the V&H Big Shots on my deuce and the pipes are way to loud. They use a open spiral baffle that gives the motor no back pressure! And there just like looking through a telescope .
Exactly. I have a set of BigShots that lasted only 400 kms on my bike, it's sound sucks and so does it's performance...

Mimo.

Quick Reply: Need Help Deciding on Exhaust System