Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Denim Paint,,, Need Help All Replies are welcome, Thank You in Advance !!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Augito1979
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank You all for the Info,,, Greatly Appreciated, Thanks !!!

Old 11-01-2010, 05:10 AM
veegee
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mild detergent n water and wipe 2-3 times to get off all the lint. Windex does help.

Attached Thumbnails Black Denim Paint,,, Need Help All Replies are welcome, Thank You in Advance !!!-misc-082.jpg  
Old 11-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kadorja
My dad tried wax on his denim paint and said it just smeared around and looked horrible

IMO the whole point of the denim is so wear and fade and give the bike an old school look along with character. I get a scratch in my bike I dont try to buff it out I leave it there.
I had no issues applying it....

I agree the purpose of the Denim paint is to have a new bike that looks like it's old....

I would of posted a picture of the fender....but my next experiment was to see what happened when I took a Scotchbrite pad to it....

CC

Old 11-01-2010, 11:07 AM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOVE the denim paint. So easy to clean, and looks just fine if you choose to never clean it! The other night I spilled gas all over my tank trying to be smooth with a gas can and it was the first bath she has had in almost a year.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:41 PM
meatsack
Banned

Windex.

Gotta love dat Denim paint...

Old 11-01-2010, 04:45 PM
SoCalH-D
Tourer

I use NOTHING but windex on mine

Old 11-01-2010, 04:49 PM
editbrain
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

WINDEX is all you need. If you want it to go to that dark showroom denim. Use Harley Gloss. Works awesome!
Here is the method I use.

Windex on everything (frame, tins, spokes, mirrors, lights, everything) using a real fine microfiber cloth.
Use Harley Gloss after the Windex (Do not let the Harley Gloss dry on the bike. It is a nightmare to get the spots off.)
Then I will use maybe some wheel cleaner if they are really dirty. Harley Wheel Cleaner.
Sometimes I use the bug off, but I wipe it down enough that Windex does the job.
Then use PIG SPIT on the crinkle black parts. Cover your Denim Tins when you spray. It will spot them up. I have never done the crinkle first. Might save me from having to cover up the tins, but it is a good habit to get into. Covering up stuff on your Harley. Accidents happen when cleaning and wrenching.

Your bike will be super clean, and look like the day you pulled it off the showroom. Honest.

Last edited by editbrain; 11-01-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Youngneg
Tourer

Denim is badass!!....manual says windex....talked to 3 dealers....all said something different 1)WINDEX...2)MILD DISH SOAP....3)AMMONIA AND WATER....HAHAHAH,they pretty much all said it will fade like a pair of jeans.read a horror story of someone waxing it.....had to degrease it....like the thread! keep it rollin

Old 11-01-2010, 10:37 PM
kipd
Tourer

Been using Windex on my Denim 09 Rocker since new. never takes more than a few minutes to clean it up. I also had the complete opposite of cleaning ease with a Vivid Black Ultra. Never ending cleaning and I was almost never satisfied. Flipping swirl and dust magnet... lol.... Denim and Windex great combo...

Old 11-01-2010, 10:54 PM
stev394
Advanced
Default Denim

My ol lady has a denim SB and uses a regular car wash solution from autozone......Dealers also sell a detailer specific for denim paint. There is actually a "clear coat" on the denim paint...Rwegardless of what you do any amount of "over rubbing" is going to create a burnished or slightly more glossy appearance good luck. I think the carwash is either the Blue Coral or the Meguiars

Quick Reply: Black Denim Paint,,, Need Help All Replies are welcome, Thank You in Advance !!!