Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Crossbones Dealer says no to 30 day Wrnty.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 02:41 PM
asg13
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2009 Crossbones Dealer says no to 30 day Wrnty.

hey guys, i have been in a tight deal on an xbones..now that we have gotten down to the nitty gritty the guy selling says no warenty at all..

Now this is not an individual seller..Its a custom bike shop..

Does something seem FUNNY here..He should give me at least 30 days or am i out of line for asking..!

I have looked at other bikes and dealt back and forth but am really set on the xbones..Should i PASS?

Old 02-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Jesse L
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What was wrong with the bike?

Old 02-25-2011, 02:43 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,202 Likes on 713 Posts

if it were me I would keep looking and tell the guy that no warranty is a deal breaker.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:46 PM
DevilDogg
Tourer

I don't think you're out of line at all and personally would pass if he's being that way about it. The dealer should have done a full inspection/service when taking in the bike so should have no issues assuring it will run for at least 30 days....unless he knows there is something wrong that he's just trying to pass it off. Just my opinion though.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Jesse L
Novice

If you bought the bike already, i think its too late. But if you havent bought the bike, I think its up to the dealer to decide if they want to give any Warranty at all.

I cant see why they couldnt give you at least 30 days. UNLESS they know something about the bike that you dont and are trying to be sneaky.

I say just go buy somewhere else. Just my 2 cents

Jesse

Old 02-25-2011, 02:55 PM
rydahog
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think most purchases like this are used in nature, and AS IS,, is the situation, and no warranty implied or expressed....(wow i sound like a car dealer) hope this helps..take it for a ride, get a buddy to help,,second set of eyes, good luck

Old 02-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Greg755
Cruiser

If you got the guy down low enough, then I cant blame him, he has no room left if something happens. Most dealers will offer a warranty because they have built that into the price. Also when ever you buy a used bike, you are taking a chance...
With that being said I personally will not buy from a dealer if he does not have a warranty. I will not buy from an individual unless he agrees to let me take it to my mechanic for a check up...

If he wont give you the warranty, test drive the hell out of it and have your mechanic along with you to look it over...

Old 02-25-2011, 04:17 PM
cpiad
Account Closed

Originally Posted by asg13
hey guys, i have been in a tight deal on an xbones..now that we have gotten down to the nitty gritty the guy selling says no warenty at all..

Does something seem FUNNY here..He should give me at least 30 days or am i out of line for asking..!

I have looked at other bikes and dealt back and forth but am really set on the xbones..Should i PASS?
On a car....I would pass. If the price is right....and you can have an independent wrench turner take a look see and he says ok...then make a deal. If they won't let you have your guy look at it...walk away.

I've seen a few small shops not offer any warranties whatsoever...they may have had bad experience with PIA yuppie riders pestering them with nonsense issues. I got to the point where I would sell vehicle ....cars, bikes...boats....as is....no warranty....you pay me...you ride it or drive it away. But...I would let prospective buyer check it out to be sure its what he wants. Some people are ridiculous in what they expect .... no end to the extent an AH will drive you nuts.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:54 AM
Hammy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In MA any registered vehicle sold for over $5k comes with a 60 day warranty dealer or not and the buyer can file lemon law if there are too many issues with the vehicle within first 6 months. May want to check your state laws, this is all a headache though. If he sells it with no warranty the only way you would get free repairs would be to go to court so if warranty is an issue just go to another dealer. Most used bikes don't come with a warranty, if you're worried there are issues bring a mechanic to look it over or ask to bring it to a mechanic, if it's ok when you bought it 99% sure nothing will happen in 30-60 days especially since it's an 09.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:10 AM
Inspector 12
Road Master

Originally Posted by asg13

Couple of keys to this story
1. Custom shop, I wouldn't expect them to deal like a "traditional" dealership related to warranty. As already stated, when buying used seldom have I seen any indication of a warranty period unless buying from a dealership.
2. You used the term "tight deal". If you have beaten all the fluff out of the deal arriving at the price, how do you expect them to take it on the chin should something incidental pop up within that month?

Buying used poses a certain amount of risk. Look the bike over if you are skilled or pay a trusted wrench to look it over. If the survey of the vehicle looks sound buy it if it is what you want. If you are hung up on a warranty, probably want to stick to HD dealerships in your area.

Quick Reply: 2009 Crossbones Dealer says no to 30 day Wrnty.