Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KC International Do Not Order Your Mammoths From These Guys!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Rick101285
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC International Do Not Order Your Mammoths From These Guys!

I placed an order with KC International almost three weeks ago for my DNA Mammoth wheels. Brock, one of the salesman, assured me a two week delivery to my door. When I called them yesterday and talked to Brock he told me it would be another one to two weeks before I would see these wheels. I asked him about the two week delivery time he had promised and he told me that he never said that and became defensive like I was making it up. What am I stupid? This guy is a clown. Do not order your wheels from these guys spend the extra money and buy a set of Ride Wrights from Dr.Drew. In todays market customer service is everything! YOU WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH HONEST PEOPLE! I run a very successful small business and I can tell yo first hand you take care of your customers! You word is everything! Screw KC brothers, this will be the last order I place with these guys.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:00 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

This seams like a recurring issue with KC on this forum time and time again.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:07 AM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I ordered from them 18 mos ago and they were just okay. One wheel was damaged and was ecxhanged. They worked with but I had to prove my innocence in that I didn't damage the wheel.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:12 AM
t stone
Road Master
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick101285
I placed an order with KC International almost three weeks ago for my DNA Mammoth wheels. Brock, one of the salesman, assured me a two week delivery to my door. When I called them yesterday and talked to Brock he told me it would be another one to two weeks before I would see these wheels. I asked him about the two week delivery time he had promised and he told me that he never said that and became defensive like I was making it up. What am I stupid? This guy is a clown. Do not order your wheels from these guys spend the extra money and buy a set of Ride Wrights from Dr.Drew. In todays market customer service is everything! YOU WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH HONEST PEOPLE! I run a very successful small business and I can tell yo first hand you take care of your customers! You word is everything! Screw KC brothers, this will be the last order I place with these guys.
Rick, Brock told me 7-10 days. Got them in 5 weeks. Bad business practice for sure. I will tell you for the price these are some bad *** wheels. I had two small issues with the install. I had to get one spacer and the pully milled to fit. Cost me $10. I also put tubes in both wheels. I am very pleased with these wheels. Just order dirct from DNA.
Stone

KC International Do Not Order Your Mammoths From These Guys!-dna-21x3.5-front.jpeg

KC International Do Not Order Your Mammoths From These Guys!-sig.jpeg

KC International Do Not Order Your Mammoths From These Guys!-signature-bike.jpeg

Old 03-09-2011, 11:54 AM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I cant speak for anybody else, but in my previous experiences with them, they've been top notch. Ive bought 3 sets from them, with no problems. But, I do see alot of people on here that have had to wait awhile for wheels. Thats sad, because alot of people are in the market for wheels.

Last edited by CountryD; 03-16-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:21 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I've never dealt with them (KCI) personally, but as a sales guy I may have some insight into the timing. Much of the time parts such as wheels have to be custom ordered from the manufacturer as I do with ride Wright. I usually quote 2-3 weeks for them to be built and shipped, but it is impossible for me to know how long it will take. Sometimes they are ready in 3 days, sometimes it takes a month more as there are plenty of varying factors involved such as powder coating, manufacturing the parts, waiting for parts to receive, etc.

As a vendor we will let you know how long we have been quoted to get the wheels but it does not always happen that way. What there is no excuse for is dishonesty. I pride myself on taking care of things as best as I can keeping the customer informed of what is going on.

So what I am saying is what the manufacturer tells us may not always be accurate as they do not always know how long it would take. Figure Joe Blow wants copper spokes to match his 08 anniverssary paint job. They might need to order and match the paint to and powder coat something and match it to a bike make sure it is perfect.

Regardless, like I said said time and again I personally experienced nothing but trouble with a certain company that shall remain nameless and that is why I do not sell their products. It is one thing to talk to a sales rep who is on commission ( I don't work on commission) and ahve him give you all the right answers, it is another to deal with a company after you receive a wheel that does not fit and has flaking chrome on it upon arrival. Try getting a refund. It took an act of god for us to get our money back. I think it was about 9 months before we saw it. But, I digress.

My main point is that most of the time we only have the time frame that we are given and considering all these wheels (at least Ride wright) are custom built we are in a position of powerlessness to how long it takes for them to arrive. We hve a good relationship with the company but i hate calling and bugging people every day as I feel they want to bump me to the back of the line when i **** them. There is no truth or basis for this, just my own twisted thinking.

So, when considering a purchase of custom fat spoke or spoke wheels think about what is more important to you. How quick the wheels arrive, or if they are put together properly so that they will support your bike, you and your riding habits. For me I'd rather have them take 3 months but arrive perfect and know they are safe.

back to the dishonesty point again. I have personally seen that being dishonest, especially in sales will always come back to bite you in the ***. It is much easier for me as a sales person who provides support AFTER the sale as well to tell the truth from the start. And realize, sometimes I don't know how long it will take for parts to arrive and all I have to go on is a supposed date I am given by the manufacturer.

I guess all my defensiveness comes from the fact that when people are shelling out thousands of dollars for wheels and stuff they expect the best. That I will provide as far as product and service, but there are still numerous factors i cannot control.

thanks for lsitening guys and whatever you choose for your ride please enjoy and stay safe!

Drew

I almost forgot, have a read of my Ride Wright technical thread here. Considering your riding on these wheels this might be an interesting read.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/wheel...ical-info.html

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 03-09-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Rick101285
Tourer

I am going to keep my fingers crossed on these wheels. Drew can you pm me a price on a set of Ride Wrights? 21x3 and 18x5.5, all chrome, 50 spoke. If I have issues with this set I will be spending the extra coin for a set of the Ride Wrights.
Thanks Brother

Old 03-09-2011, 04:52 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Pm sent Rick.

Drew

Old 03-16-2011, 09:07 AM
jcallesano
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

now im nervouse to purchase a set from KC int. .....

Old 03-16-2011, 09:35 AM
The Count
Advanced

Cant say anything about KC but I ordered wheels from Xtreme Machine and they estimated 4 weeks and I got them in 3. I cant say the same about Bike Builders Bible/US Machine or any other name they go by. Ordered a very pricey front end from them 8 weeks ago and I cant get crap for customer service. Asked for an estimated ship date and it was 4 days before I got the BS answer of "parts are going into production this week and they will ship when theyre done." No sh*t theyll ship when theyre done but how long does production take... a couple days... couple weeks... a month? Placed the order before the super bowl and still have no clue when theyre coming in. Nothing like dropping 3k on some parts and not getting any customer service.

Quick Reply: KC International Do Not Order Your Mammoths From These Guys!