Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HogDeluxe Springer Style new saddlebag technology Update!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 06:42 PM
HogDeluxe
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HogDeluxe Springer Style new saddlebag technology Update!

Hey all,

We have made some changes to our Old School Saddlebags (Springer Style). As you know the left side of a bike has less clearance then on the right due to the sprocket. There also a relief that protrudes into the bag. Most saddlebags made for softails all have this. We decided to put it to good use. We made a pouch that sits right on top of this area and allows you to store small items like keys and sunglasses. It snaps in place and is easily removable. We figured with the size of these bags it just made sense to compartmentalize some of the bag. I don't know about you but I just hate digging for things in the bottom of my saddlebags, especially keys.

Secondly we have come up with a new finish on the inside of our molded tubs that reflects light and lights up the inside of the bag when you open it using only a minimum of sunlight. It is a carbon fiber like finish that reflects and bounces light in all directions. If you know anything about light, black absorb 80% of all light and white reflects 80% of all light( learned that in Photography school) so using this principal you have come up with a way for you to see better on the inside of your saddlebags . We have already started using this in all of our saddlebags. I have included some picture to demonstrate what I talking about and also some pictures of the new pouch insert. The insert will be an option on the Old School saddlebags.

I welcome your feedback!

Old School Saddlebag optional pouch insert

Here's the New Reflective finish, note how well you can see my sunglass case and a stack of business cards

Here's a shot of my new Ol School bags complete with custom binding and tassles to match the bike.

Last edited by HogDeluxe; 04-03-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool idea... Need something like that for Heritages.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,203 Likes on 714 Posts

Great idea I like it.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:14 AM
HogDeluxe
Former Sponsor

Is this something you guys think has value?

Old 04-04-2011, 12:02 PM
plutnicki
Road Master
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Absolutely! I kinda wish the bags I just got from you guys (Solo) had the new finish and that snap in/out pocket!

Old 04-04-2011, 11:23 PM
HogDeluxe
Former Sponsor

I'm working on it....

Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 AM
Phantomryder
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like that idea, can you add the snaps for future purchase of that new mod? I have the bags with the studs from Mustang that you are currently working on.

Old 04-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I love the look of these bags. I would love to get a set for my bike but I am not sure how they would fit. The reason being is that I actually don't own a Deluxe but a 2008 Crossbones. I am converting the look of my Crossbones to more of a Springer Classic look by changing the rear fender to a Fatboy Lo and the front fender to a heritage springer fender. I still run a sprung solo seat but for two up duties, I run a Deluxe rider seat and touring pillion and a Deluxe tour pack. I currently have the Crossbones style saddle bags but wanted to get something that fit both the look of the Deluxe trim and had the classic springer look with the three buckles. When I saw your bags I thought I had found the answer but not sure now if they would work for my bike. I have seen the H-D Deluxe bags and I know how the left bag has that relief for the sprocket. My Crossbones bags don't have that since they clear the sprocket just fine. Are you able to give me some insight on how these bags might fit my bike. I guess for the sake of argument, we can just say that they would be going onto a Fatboy since that is essentially what the back end of my bike is now. And I plan on removing the turn signals off the fender struts all together so that won't be an issue.

Thanks

Old 04-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Greg755
Cruiser

I have an 08 crossbones as well with the detachable kit on it aand the lights relocated futher back. Will these fit?

Old 04-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Thumped
Intermediate

Would it be possible to offer the bags with the larger basket weave pattern that matches the early Heritage Springer bags and seat?

Quick Reply: HogDeluxe Springer Style new saddlebag technology Update!