Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed solo seat, what to do with bolts in rear fender??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 06:03 AM
billsantos
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
A bib is the simplest and least expensive option. Get one made to match your seat!

Drew
Now here's a man that can answer a question... and mine is.. I want to go solo now and then with a bib covering the holes. Thing is, I want to keep the paint protecting film on the fender for when I put the passenger seat back on. I can see by the way that some of the different brands for ST Deluxes mount they will cover the film lenght wise, but how about width ? Think it's a hair over 6"'s if I remember right..Do you happen to know if that's a stardard width or am i looking at having to go custom ? Was looking at the basic black HD or Mustang bibs..My local HD parts guy can't find his #$$ with two grabs..

Old 04-09-2011, 06:43 AM
billsantos
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billsantos
Now here's a man that can answer a question... and mine is.. I want to go solo now and then with a bib covering the holes. Thing is, I want to keep the paint protecting film on the fender for when I put the passenger seat back on. I can see by the way that some of the different brands for ST Deluxes mount they will cover the film lenght wise, but how about width ? Think it's a hair over 6"'s if I remember right..Do you happen to know if that's a stardard width or am i looking at having to go custom ? Was looking at the basic black HD or Mustang bibs..My local HD parts guy can't find his #$$ with two grabs..
Never mind Doc Drew, finally found some pics and the HD one appears that it will cover the film.. Thanks anyway

Old 04-09-2011, 08:11 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by billsantos
Never mind Doc Drew, finally found some pics and the HD one appears that it will cover the film.. Thanks anyway
You caught me snoozing. I do have to sleep every once in a while. I think all bibs are wide enough to cover the film. As always, my advice is to get the C&C stuff and have it custom matched to one of their seats. You can't beat their stuff or the prices.

Drew

Old 04-09-2011, 08:50 AM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HD makes little rubber plugs, one oval and one round to fill those holes. Once you remove the large plastic washers, the stud bracket will fall thru the rear fender.

As for the hole in the middle of the rear fender, buy one of HD's nice little chrome thumb screws for it.

Jimmy