Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson True Duals s2-439 on 09 Deluxe Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Hippiebeads
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried to center mine between the splits in the pipe and have had no leak issues from the first start up.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:54 AM
ardiver
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hippiebeads
I tried to center mine between the splits in the pipe and have had no leak issues from the first start up.
I'll try that. I've got a buddy that was a mechanic years ago and has a much wider selection of tools than I have thats supposed to come over this weekend and see if he has somthing that can reach that nut better.

I wish I could figure out how to put a picture up so you could see where I'm at.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

OK more pics for you brotha.I had a hard time with the rear nut on the last jug as well.My reason being I run the harley chrome inner primary cover.I had to position the rear head pipe upwards a little to clear the added height from the primary cover.Also had to trim the primary cover because the new shift linkage was binding on it. But thats for a different thread.I bought a cheap 1/2" open/box end wrench.I bent it it my vice at about a 90* angle.I put a 1/4 socket ext into the box end to tighten as pictured.I was only able to get like a 1/8 of a turn on the nut before re adjusting the wrench. Just took a little longer to tighten.But it worked like a charm and was the only thing that worked for me.Due to my circumstances(didn't want to loose my inner primary cover).Hopefully in the one pic you can see how I have the crossover clamp situated.Also I am not sure what you mean by the seam.The cross over pipe slides over the head pipe.So that clamp should be situated totally on the cross over pipe then tightened.Not trying to split the difference.1/2 the clamp surface on the head pipe and 1/2 the clamp surface on the cross over pipe.If I am understanding you correctly. Hope this makes sense.

Attached Thumbnails Samson True Duals s2-439 on 09 Deluxe Install Help-dsc01840.jpg   Samson True Duals s2-439 on 09 Deluxe Install Help-dsc01842.jpg   Samson True Duals s2-439 on 09 Deluxe Install Help-dsc01843.jpg   Samson True Duals s2-439 on 09 Deluxe Install Help-dsc01554.jpg  
Old 04-28-2011, 02:44 PM
ardiver
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Malingerer
OK more pics for you brotha.I had a hard time with the rear nut on the last jug as well.My reason being I run the harley chrome inner primary cover.I had to position the rear head pipe upwards a little to clear the added height from the primary cover.Also had to trim the primary cover because the new shift linkage was binding on it. But thats for a different thread.I bought a cheap 1/2" open/box end wrench.I bent it it my vice at about a 90* angle.I put a 1/4 socket ext into the box end to tighten as pictured.I was only able to get like a 1/8 of a turn on the nut before re adjusting the wrench. Just took a little longer to tighten.But it worked like a charm and was the only thing that worked for me.Due to my circumstances(didn't want to loose my inner primary cover).Hopefully in the one pic you can see how I have the crossover clamp situated.Also I am not sure what you mean by the seam.The cross over pipe slides over the head pipe.So that clamp should be situated totally on the cross over pipe then tightened.Not trying to split the difference.1/2 the clamp surface on the head pipe and 1/2 the clamp surface on the cross over pipe.If I am understanding you correctly. Hope this makes sense.
I gotta tell ya bro, you are a shining example of why bikers wave to each other. Before posting here and getting yours and the others responses, I was about to trailer it up and take it to the stealer to just have them fix it. Thanks again!!! If I don't get home too late tonight I'm going to work on it some more.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Any time man .Any more question just ask.There are so many knowledgable people on this forum its crazy.I am like at the bottom of the food chain.The duals require a little more work and fine tuning but they are worth it in the end.Just don't get discouraged and lose faith.You'll get it done.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:48 AM
ardiver
Intermediate

Finally done!!!! Thanks in GREAT part to all the folks that posted in this thread especially Malingerer and Hippiebeads.

Last edited by ardiver; 05-02-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:37 AM
Hippiebeads
Tourer

Where are our pics brother.All that hard work deserves some pics.Glad you got it worked out,ride safe.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:36 AM
ardiver
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hippiebeads
Where are our pics brother.All that hard work deserves some pics.Glad you got it worked out,ride safe.
This just goes to show you that even a friggin IT guy can have issues. I setup an account last night on ImageShack so I could post some pictures up for you guys and I'll be danged if I can't figure out how in the world to post 'em. Any suggestions?

Old 05-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Hippiebeads
Tourer

I just save my pics to my pictures and upload with the attachment feature.You have to select the Go Advanced feature next to Post Quick Reply.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:59 AM
ardiver
Intermediate

Ok, Let's try this...

Attached Thumbnails Samson True Duals s2-439 on 09 Deluxe Install Help-2009-harley-davidson-softail-deluxe-post-samson-s2-453.jpg   Samson True Duals s2-439 on 09 Deluxe Install Help-2009-harley-davidson-softail-deluxe-post-samson-s2-461.jpg   Samson True Duals s2-439 on 09 Deluxe Install Help-2009-harley-davidson-softail-deluxe-post-samson-s2-497.jpg   Samson True Duals s2-439 on 09 Deluxe Install Help-2009-harley-davidson-softail-deluxe-post-samson-s2-491.jpg  

Quick Reply: Samson True Duals s2-439 on 09 Deluxe Install Help