Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for those who have Labriola Jockey Shift

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 01:33 PM
JPL
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Question for those who have Labriola Jockey Shift

Hi everyone.
Got my kit yesterday. Installing the clutch cable was quite easy....
I am having problems with the instalation of the suicide clutch as well as the jockey shift.
Would anyone be able to post pictures of how they have it installed on their bikes so I have something to look at how they should be positioned?
Thank you in advance for the help

Regards

Old 05-25-2011, 01:45 PM
JakesDad1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As you will note, I made my own jockey shift.

The clutch bracket didn't fit so I had to put a chainsaw file to it.

Then I adjusted it so that it is fully disengaed when the peg hits my floorboard.

Hope that helps.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:56 PM
JPL
Tourer

Thank you!
So you had to remove the floorboard in order to attache the suicide clutch bracket correct?
Also, the problem I am having with the jockey shift is that it has 2 screws... I cannot figure out where to attach both screws... to attach the jockey shift I thought I had to remove the "link" from the primary and just attach the jockey shift to the place the link was attached to. where would I put the other screw?

Old 05-25-2011, 02:07 PM
JakesDad1
Road Captain

Yes. The floorboard comes off. The suicide clutch bracket is installed behind the floorboard bracket.

Note the 2 holes in my jockey shift bracket (1st pic). There is a pinch bolt at the shaft coming out of the transmission. That is the bottom bolt. Kind of tricky, but if you had it off as many times as I did while fabricating mine, it became real easy! LOL The linkage is the second bolt.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:15 PM
JPL
Tourer

Perfect.
So this little linkage comes off as well?

Sorry for so many questions and thank you for your help!!!

Attached Thumbnails Question for those who have Labriola Jockey Shift-labriola_machine3003002.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 02:28 PM
JakesDad1
Road Captain

NO!!!!!! There is a pinch bolt at the bottom of that gizmo (you can't see it because it is in the back of the photo.) You leave the that piece on, take the pinch bolt out, put your jockey shift down on top of the pinch bolt hole, re-insert the pinch bolt and put the top bolt into the gizmo where you original linkage was attached. Hope that helps.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:34 PM
JPL
Tourer

Awesome!
thank you for the help...
Will try it tonight when I get home and will post progress!
THank you!

Old 05-26-2011, 07:39 AM
JPL
Tourer

Alright, good morning everyone. I was able to install the suicide shift bracket and damn is it a nice kit! it fit perfectly. Now the problems I am having are:

- with the clutch lever I bought, I am having trouble pushing it all the way in as well as now taking it out. anybody have any suggestions as to how I can make the lever slide in and out easier? I have lubbed it up with wd40 and some other things and no luck... I had the same problem when I was taking the old levers off and since they were already a little messed up, I just took a screw driver and hammer to it in order to open it. But now since this is a brand new lever I dont want to screw this one up....
- My second problem is getting to that damn little pinch bolt at the end of the gizmo you were talking about jakesdad... I struggled with it for about 5-10 minutes yesterday and since it was already late I gave up and went to bed... Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get to the damn thing?

Once again, thank you all for the help and any input would be greatly appreciated..

Attached Thumbnails Question for those who have Labriola Jockey Shift-help1.jpg   Question for those who have Labriola Jockey Shift-help2.jpg   Question for those who have Labriola Jockey Shift-stubborn-screw.jpg  
Old 05-26-2011, 07:54 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Adjust the cable so the clutch level is lower. It's way too high. The same way you did when you made it longer to get it on the bike but turn it the other way. I use dri slide Once you get the bike running with the oils warming up it should move much easier. As far as the bolt that is really tight, heat it with a heat gun or torch and that should soften the loctite on it.

Drew

Old 05-26-2011, 08:14 AM
JPL
Tourer

Its juust so hard to get to it... Its right behind the inner primary and very hard to reach... Dont know if there is a special way to get to it... I figured if I can pull the clutch lever off, I can just make it lower by placing it a little lower... The thing is I cant get the freking thing off anymore... very hard to get it off....

Quick Reply: Question for those who have Labriola Jockey Shift