Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I give up on PVC!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 08:55 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts
Default I give up on PVC!

I'm done. I've been spending to much time testing and stressing over this thing. I'm pi$$ed off that I can't get things right on it. My mileage isn't what it used to be, I'm hearing pinging in certain conditions, and I can't honestly say the bike runs any better than with the HD flash. I bought it off fuel moto and they've been great, but they can only do so much. I might sell it, or maybe down the road I'll get an auto tune to try with it, but I have a big trip coming up next week and I'm to stressed to put that kind of miles on it when I really don't trust it. I'm extra pi$$ed off because I already paid for one 103 flash, then had to put it back to stock for the pcv, now dish out even more money for another flash, but at least I'll have some peace of mind. GRRRRR!
Thanks for listening... lol

Old 06-02-2011, 09:10 PM
mistersoftail
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the problems your having with the PC 5. I have one too from Fuel Moto and i'm waiting to hear back from them. My bike runs great with it and their stage 1 intake, but I didn't gain any more power. It did get rid of the decel popping though. I'm hoping they can help me get some more snap....

Old 06-02-2011, 09:13 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior

yeah, I got rid of the decel pop too, but just to many other problems for it to be worth it. If there was a shop around here that could tune it, I'd try that, but I'm not risking my engine for a few horse power. Actually, with the map Jamie sent me, my bike came in 2hp less than a bike with the same build and a 103 flash. I can hardly sleep at night going over fuel maps in my head... Seriously...

Old 06-02-2011, 10:08 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear about all that.. how many tanks of gas have you gone through that you're hearing pinging? is it possible the gas is bad? ( i just say that because where i am, a lot of the gas stations around here in the low-lands and flood plains (or planes?) have a tendancy to get water in their fuel storage tanks).. i don't have the 103", but i put a stage 1 on my 96" and noticed a drop in fuel milage, but it's normal when you change your intake/exhaust.. are you comparing your fuel milage to the 103 before you changed anything? or comparing to a 88/96? and if you already had the HD Flash.. why do you need the PC-V? I thought the flash pretty much covers what the PC would do?

Old 06-02-2011, 10:41 PM
av8or
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

TTS Mastertune, and let the O2 sensors do there job.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:54 AM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior

I was looking for a little more power and a little smoother, plus I know the download is leaner than I'd like it, plus figured I'd get a tuner before doing any more work to the engine. And for mileage, I was comparing the flash to the pcv. Just wasn't what I expected... I knew there would be some friggin' around, but I thought even with a canned map I'd be at least further ahead then the flash, but that's just not the case.

Old 06-03-2011, 04:29 AM
cpiad
Account Closed
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlasoftail
I'm done. I've been spending to much time testing and stressing over this thing. I'm pi$$ed off that I can't get things right on it. My mileage isn't what it used to be, I'm hearing pinging in certain conditions, and I can't honestly say the bike runs any better than with the HD flash. I bought it off fuel moto and they've been great, but they can only do so much. I might sell it, or maybe down the road I'll get an auto tune to try with it, but I have a big trip coming up next week and I'm to stressed to put that kind of miles on it when I really don't trust it. I'm extra pi$$ed off because I already paid for one 103 flash, then had to put it back to stock for the pcv, now dish out even more money for another flash, but at least I'll have some peace of mind. GRRRRR!
Thanks for listening... lol
Tmax not much better. After 7 mos I still have issues with it. At least the bike starts.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:12 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Find yourself a tuner as canned maps work good for some and not for others. Even custom maps for bikes that are the same won't work sometimes. If there is no tuner in your area look at Rev performance as they have a new tuner and seems to work real good, it self tunes looks interesting to me. I use a SERT and have tunned it myself for years. I'm sending mine to the dyno next weekend to see what it makes for power

Old 06-03-2011, 08:52 AM
deadeye
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by av8or
TTS Mastertune, and let the O2 sensors do there job.
+1 I have yet see anyone that was not happy with their TTS. Took me a few hours to tune it myself and I haven't messed with it again for two years and bike runs perfect.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Thumbs up Pcv

Just installed mine last week and was lucky I guess cause it runs pretty decent. 2011 Fatboy Lo with Ness Big Sucker 2 and Road Rage pipes. Bike was a real pooch and I was expecting more when I bought it a few weeks ago but now am happy. I did install the auto tune (which was a big pain with the new can-bus elect. system) and put a switch in to toggle between base and auto but need more seat time to tell how it will work out. Right now running on base but will do a road trip next week and see if there is a big difference between the auto tune and base tune. I got mine from fuelmoto also.

Quick Reply: I give up on PVC!