Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

is there another stock seat to fit straight up to a blackline

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 06:04 PM
hddee
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is there another stock seat to fit straight up to a blackline

can anyone tell me if there is a stock seat that will fit a 2011 blackline like a early model one as the rear end has gone back to a narrow **** end,to buy a new one theres bugger all range to choose from and i cant understand why alot of the earlier stuff was iterchangable which made it alot easier

Old 06-10-2011, 06:52 PM
snook592
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most stuff is interchangeable but the Blackline is a freak of nature that they don't have after market mods for yet. They should be coming soon !

Old 06-10-2011, 08:47 PM
hddee
Advanced

yeh but somehow i think they are going backwards with the way they bring new models out.it gets frustrating

Old 06-11-2011, 03:19 AM
xjayx
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The seats from other 2011 softails wont bolt up but they do fit. the mounting bolt is more forward on other softails so your gonna have to drill a new hole and install the insert to bolt down the new seat. I put a Le Pera on my blackline and it works great just had to shave off the extra hole in the fender, or you could put the harley plastic plug in it.

Jay

Old 06-11-2011, 08:52 AM
cpiad
Account Closed

Originally Posted by hddee
can anyone tell me if there is a stock seat that will fit a 2011 blackline like a early model one as the rear end has gone back to a narrow **** end,to buy a new one theres bugger all range to choose from and i cant understand why alot of the earlier stuff was iterchangable which made it alot easier
Brother .... I can't figure out what you are after....but.... want a good seat....a really comfortable seat for your Blackline.... super quality at low cost....Google C&C Seats. Call or email Chuck Gallegos.

Old 06-11-2011, 04:45 PM
hddee
Advanced

the lepera is a bit to hard for the riding we do and i thought on the other softail seats the tongue at the front of the seat is to far back which makes the front of the seat sit up on the start of the tank panel.does this sound right....thanks i will check it out but

Old 06-11-2011, 04:46 PM
hddee
Advanced

i had a c&c on my standard i will check it out

Old 06-11-2011, 08:37 PM
xjayx
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The seats do cover the tank bolt, I like the fact that the seat hides the hardware for the tank it looks unfinished with the tank bolt exposed how it is stock. My Le Pera covers it but it fits good and looks way better to me anyway.

Jau

Old 07-21-2011, 07:53 PM
dortiz
Road Captain

Can you post a pic? Did you use the Barebones?

Thanks!

Old 07-22-2011, 04:44 AM
BlackLightning
Intermediate

Hello,
I have a 2011 Blackline that i have the leather badlander seat on. No modifications required.

Attached Thumbnails is there another stock seat to fit straight up to a blackline-blacklineseat.jpg   is there another stock seat to fit straight up to a blackline-blacklineseat2.jpg  

Quick Reply: is there another stock seat to fit straight up to a blackline