Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED headlamp daytime visability

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 03:35 PM
NorCal Dog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this shootout of LED Headlights explains alot about the differences between the narrow more focused beam of the HD-LED, & wider beam of the Truck-Lite LED for much better visibility during daytime riding, ( i've got a Truck-lite Led headlight, along with a modulator being shipped & will install as soon as it arrives )

http://www.lrsanitary.com/0/leds_update.pdf

Old 07-21-2011, 12:39 PM
ITZ4me515
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NorCal Dog
this shootout of LED Headlights explains alot about the differences between the narrow more focused beam of the HD-LED, & wider beam of the Truck-Lite LED for much better visibility during daytime riding, ( i've got a Truck-lite Led headlight, along with a modulator being shipped & will install as soon as it arrives )

http://www.lrsanitary.com/0/leds_update.pdf
Awesome article...thanks for sharing.

I would agree with the writers also. I have the 5-1/4" H-D LED, and my buddy has the Kury 7" & both are MUCH better than stock, but do have a different spread of light.

As is stated in the article though, the H-D one does switch lamps from low to high...I wonder if there is any way (or detriment to) have both run when on high?

Old 07-21-2011, 03:46 PM
NorCal Dog
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ITZ4me515

I would agree with the writers also. I have the 5-1/4" H-D LED, and my buddy has the Kury 7" & both are MUCH better than stock, but do have a different spread of light.

As is stated in the article though, the H-D one does switch lamps from low to high...I wonder if there is any way (or detriment to) have both run when on high?
would prolly burn holes thru the atmosphere with both burning at the same time

Old 07-22-2011, 08:01 AM
Dissociative
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's very easy to do, all you need is a dioed. Email me if you want you low to stay on when high beam is on and I can send you the parts and a diagram. I can even make it plug and play for you guys. Very easy and super cheap.

Info@wickedwarnings.com

Old 07-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Black Limited
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive in the day with the high beem on only. It aims higher and in the bright daylight it can be seen better. I want to do the wiring so that the passing lamps stay on all the time but the dealer says that will void warranty. I'm not real happy with the lights in the day for others to see me. At night, they are excellent!

Old 07-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Dissociative
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Limited
I drive in the day with the high beem on only. It aims higher and in the bright daylight it can be seen better. I want to do the wiring so that the passing lamps stay on all the time but the dealer says that will void warranty. I'm not real happy with the lights in the day for others to see me. At night, they are excellent!
Not sure why he said that but with some more info I bet I cam make a plug and play wire harness you can simply remove when at dealer. As long as you wire correctly having passing on won't affect bike negatively at all.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:25 PM
ITZ4me515
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dissociative
It's very easy to do, all you need is a dioed. Email me if you want you low to stay on when high beam is on and I can send you the parts and a diagram. I can even make it plug and play for you guys. Very easy and super cheap.

Info@wickedwarnings.com
I sent you an IM about the diode.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:33 PM
Dissociative
Banned

I sent you an IM about the diode.

Originally Posted by Dissociative
Email me if you want you low to stay on when high beam is on and I can send you the parts and a diagram.

Info@wickedwarnings.com