Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me - confused like anything....

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 08:15 AM
nikonf8
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default harley

i am all harley bought my first when i was seventeen a brand new 1968 sportster 1n 1967 paid $1650.00. and have owned only harleys. as far as i am concerned harley is number one in the looks and sound department but thats not to say the harley is right for you it depends on what you will be doing with it if its your every day transportation or just a pleasure vehicle. I love harleys but some of the metric bikes are dam good and reliable also fast i guess it depends on the person my brother was a biker and i knew from him i was born harley. good luck with your decision

Old 07-26-2011, 09:03 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cameraboy
there are three types of people who ride motorcycles:

motorcyclists- appreciate most anything on two wheels, usually have more than one brand of bike at at time. Just like to ride and usually do lots of it.

bikers
- subscribe to the idea that owning a two wheeled vehicle changes your lifestyle somehow. Usually ride harleys, but real bikers will ride anything. They don't really care what you ride.

harley riders who think everyone else wants a harley
- somehow need to feel like everyone wants to be them, and that becomes more important than the ride. These guys get really mad if you talk about the virtues of other bikes and will say that you "just don't get it" if you go with the thunderbird.

I don't know what the prices are like in india when comparing the two bikes, but here in the us the tbird storm is a few grand less expensive, but arguably has better components.

I've not ridden either, so that's all i can tell you.

If i was going to be riding around india though, based on the image i have of your roads and such, i would want to be on a bmw r 1200 gs.

But if you really want a cruiser, and you're going to be dealing with bad roads, i would think that you would put suspension and braking as top priorities. Which of the two you are considering has better suspension and brakes?

And isn't it really hot in india? Maybe you should consider the cooling and running temperature on the two bikes you are considering.

what happened to buying american, huh princess?

Old 07-26-2011, 05:41 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Gotta go with the masses here. I had sport bikes when I was younger, had a R1, 06 Hyabusa stretched, 240 rear with Juice. It was STUPID. My dad and grandpa had Harley's since I was a Pup. I thought about gettin a Yamaha Raider when I was changing to a Cruiser. Then I rode my Dads Road King. Something clicked inside, I was meant to have a Harley, thats just how it is in the US. When your raised around Harley's your whole life, its all you really know. It was Bred into me from a young age. Im not sayin that my dad wouldnt ride wouldnt ride with me if I had bought a metric, but he would have given me SH*T the entire ride. So, I think its a personal choice, but like said before, in India you have to look at the availablity of parts and Service. Harley's do require maintenance. But if your mechanically inclined at all, you can do most yourself. I still think you will be more happy with a Harley. And for all the animals, look at it this way, at least they will "Hear" you coming. JMHO