Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle lift video.

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 09:39 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,867 Likes on 4,113 Posts

I tend to be the cynical one. I do agree that J&S jacks are top quality, but how many takes were required to make the video? Putting a spin on it (no pun intended), how many bikes did it take to make the video ?

You can stand on it.... you can sit on it.... you can yank it this way.... you can yank it that way.... but take the front axle nut off and it falls off backwards from the weight transfer.

Originally Posted by IzzoQuazzo
I have the J&S Jack in the video. Best accessory I have ever purchased.
Yeah but have you sat on the bike while it is sitting on the jack 12" in the air?

Old 04-23-2013, 06:20 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have the Harbor Freight jack and it serves me well for all that I do. I didn't need to go crazy when buying a jack. My main purpose for a jack was for detailing my bike and the jack I got does that well. I do use it for other things, i.e. fluid changes and so on so I'm good. If I had it to do over again I would get a complete bike lift like you see in bike shop's.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:04 AM
mori55
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Kid has the Harbor freight lift table and it works great. You can get a coupon on eBay for I think for 270. I have a direct lift and it great , but there's nothing wrong with the harbor freight lift.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

I have the HF table lift, spent $300 new out the door, and it was a great investment. I use it all the time on my different bikes.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:01 PM
Ramboamt
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the "Light weight 1500 lb. capacity aluminum motorcycle lift" Harbor freight jack and it works fine except it does wobble when the bike is up on the jack. Hasn't fallen off the lift yet but I do use tie downs to tie the bike to the lift.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:01 PM
j&sjacks
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
I tend to be the cynical one. I do agree that J&S jacks are top quality, but how many takes were required to make the video? Putting a spin on it (no pun intended), how many bikes did it take to make the video ?

You can stand on it.... you can sit on it.... you can yank it this way.... you can yank it that way.... but take the front axle nut off and it falls off backwards from the weight transfer.

Yeah but have you sat on the bike while it is sitting on the jack 12" in the air?
In response to your post the demos are done in one take and we provide live demonstrations for those that question the authenticity of our lifts. Also our lifts allow for you to remove tires, engines, handle bars or any other part of the bike without it becoming unstable on the lift. I appreciate your cynical approach and hope that you can see us live some day! If anyone is interested check us out at www.jsjacks.com we currently have some great sales until June 1st and have a coupon code for HD members to recieve an additional 5% off. The code is hdforums5 this too is only valid until June 1st; if you have any questions feel free to contact me at jamie@jsjacks.com.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:23 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Price of the lift

I don't know about anyone's values but my M/C has about $55K after losing count in it. I just do not see the value of using a $50 ~ $100 cheap bargain jack to lift it up unless you have a lot of friends spotting the M/C just in case. Just makes no sense. I have used an aluminum HF one in a pinch but I pay attention & never takes my eyes off of it.

I have seen a Handy air table fail at a local INDY while going down and the lift bounced the bike off of the (unstrapped bike) table. These are great tables but expect the unexpected and prepare for the works.

Do what you like as I am not my Bro's keeper.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:45 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

After what I went through getting my Heritage off of a Sears Yellow Jack, the price of the J&S jack is a bargain. The Sears lasted less than a year.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:04 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My brother bought the J&S jack after I showed him that same video. The first day it came we put it together and the first thing he did was jack up his springer to the top height with no staps and started climbing all over it just like on the video. I took a few steps back because I wouldn't have done it with my bike...but the bike never moved.

His springer is a daily rider and them first thing he does when he gets home is to put it on the jack...yes it is that good

Old 05-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Psyclism
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have both the HF yellow jack and the J&S. The HF is a noodle compared to the J&S.

When I was working on my Deluxe this past winter, I had it up on the HF jack and even the smallest amount of wrenching on the bike caused the jack to flex like crazy. I even went so far as to put a car jack under the rear wheel to stabilize the bike as it would rock so much that I thought it might just fall off. Nevermind the fact that lowering the bike is a nail biting experience. You either have to do super quick taps on the valve or be prepared to have the bike hit the floor like a ton of bricks if you simply step on the release lever. There is NO modulation in drop speed.

So this spring I went ahead and bought the J&S. Night and day difference. The bike is stable as hell on the J&S, and I can (and have) climbed on the bike while it was on the jack without even a hint of movement. Plus I can move the bike around with one finger on the J&S.. not so on the HF. I actually tore a muscle in my back this winter trying to wheel the bike around on the HF jack.

The ONLY downside to the J&S jack that I've found is that the width of the lifting arms is such that it makes it virtually impossible to drop the rear shocks while the bike is on the lift.. which is a bummer as I have shotgun shocks and you have to drop the shock body to get to the tranny drain plug.

Ok, well, I do have some additional suggestions that can only make the J&S better. How about a foot operated release valve instead of the the red handle used now? And maybe put the return spring for the pump on the actual jack instead of the cheapo spring attached to the end of the pump arm?

Quick Reply: Motorcycle lift video.