Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   LePera solo seat Fat Boy Lo. Not very happy with it.... (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/735845-lepera-solo-seat-fat-boy-lo-not-very-happy-with-it.html)

Village Idiot™ 02-21-2012 09:07 AM

Duh...have 2 seats!

BLKnCHRME09Deluxe 02-21-2012 09:13 AM

They break in...

socal yankee 02-21-2012 09:16 AM

It did get better for me. First tyme I had it on I took a 6 hour ryde thru Santa Barbara. I should of broke it in slowly. Ass was killing me for days. Now I could ryde all day. No problems. Still no where comfortable as other seats though.

dennyo 02-21-2012 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Doug S (Post 9422563)
It does not get any better, the good thing is not everyone knows or accepts this so you can get a good buck for it on flea-bay...
Doug

... Yep , ! . Sold mine on Fleabay last year :icon_lolsign:,, had it fur 6 years

CaptainMorgan_SOS 02-21-2012 10:29 AM

THat sucks to hear about the seat! I am over in Afghanistan at the moment and bought one (without the gel) and had it sent to the house about a month ago (wife got it and said it looked "pretty")... Hopefully I can stand it.

Quick question, since I don't have it in front of me (or even on the same continent): Does the Bare Bones use the stock 2 seat bolts on the back or do you have to change it up with a bracket or something? The reason I ask is to see how easy it is to go from the Bare Bones to the stock seat, which I use for 2-up riding, and then back again for solo riding.

babyray 02-21-2012 10:30 AM

Its a great seat for what it is, one step above a pan. Ran mine 4 or 5 years on my Fatboy worked great, I liked sitting in the bike. Four hours your ass needs a break, roll with it.

Motown Strag 02-21-2012 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS (Post 9423402)
THat sucks to hear about the seat! I am over in Afghanistan at the moment and bought one (without the gel) and had it sent to the house about a month ago (wife got it and said it looked "pretty")... Hopefully I can stand it.

Quick question, since I don't have it in front of me (or even on the same continent): Does the Bare Bones use the stock 2 seat bolts on the back or do you have to change it up with a bracket or something? The reason I ask is to see how easy it is to go from the Bare Bones to the stock seat, which I use for 2-up riding, and then back again for solo riding.

You have to order the one for your model bike. Did you order from Lepera or from a reseller? my Softail Deluxe Lepera seat fits the stock attachments.

soft 02 02-21-2012 10:40 AM

Mine took about 5k to break in! Best looking seat in my opinion.

tq745 02-21-2012 11:08 AM

i think the gel is a bunch of crap...i got the bare bones without the gel and it's okay for me.

ramirez0228 02-21-2012 11:21 AM

Like Motow said, it's a good seat for a couple of riding hours. For long rides, I just swap to my stock seat. IMO, this seat gives your ride the best look.