Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LePera solo seat Fat Boy Lo. Not very happy with it....

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 10:01 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HeHateMe
Sorry if this is taken as bashing the company. Obviously its just ONE guys opinion. and in my opinion, an aftermarket seat should never be worse then stock. Just saying. The only research I did, all I read was recommendations didnt see any complaints..... until I started this thread and they came out of the wood work!

I do love the way it looks, but like with other companies Danny Gray, C and C. You can get looks and comfort! I think thats what EVERYBODY wants. You dont need a trade off.
Before I recently bought my Bare Bones, I searched around here and read several threads that people were saying it was hard and worth an hour or so before you *** hurts etc...but I bought it because I'm a hard ***! LOL But seriously, it's not like people just come out of the wood work because you don't like it and posted, there are plenty of threads on here stating just want the others have posted on here. Thinking because it's not stock it should be more comfortable just doesn't compute with me. No offense, but hell, there are so many different aftermarket seats, you have be sure what it is you want out of it before buying it. Most people, to include me know the BB is not for touring, if you plan a long ride, throw your stock on - I think that's what many of have in mind when we buy the BB. Let's ride!

Last edited by NC D'LUXE; 02-21-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:41 AM
CaptainMorgan_SOS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
No. If you bought the one for your bike, it will use the ONE mounting hole immediately BEHIND the two that your stock seat uses, so that fender bib will need to come off, unless you want to punch a hole in it.

You'll be able to change from solo to stock w/pillion fairly quickly, but to make the job quicker and more convenient, you'll want to get a separate bolt ferrule for your solo seat and keep all the ones in place for your stock seat and passenger pillion.

In my case, I did not want to drill a hole in my custom fender for my solo seat, so while searching for alternative mounting options, I just let the seat set there unmounted. Been that way for 5 months now and I've never had a problem. With the way the seat is designed, it won't move from side to side even while unmounted in the rear. Probably not a good idea to keep your
seat unbolted in the States, tho, since someone would probably walk off with it, in a hurry. Here in Japan, however, people respect others' property...

I really don't understand all these complaints about this seat. Especially the one that says Le Pera is "overrated". Gimme a break! It's ONE seat out of like a million that they sell! They'll even custom-tailor you one! The BB the stiffest out of all of 'em and it says so right there on their site. Jeez! You want 10 inches of padding to cushion your pampered *** for hours in the saddle, the choice is pretty unmistakable: don't buy a seat called "Bare Bones". Duh!!!
Thanks for the info! And sick looking bike! Do people really steal seats? WTF?! That is rediculous! Why do people have to be such dicks? I remember seeing some locking seat nuts and thought it was a waste of money. Then again, I also tend to give the human race the benefit of the doubt, so I guess it never came to my mind that people would just jack your **** like that.

I actually was thinking that it was like the others and used that rear single bolt hole (which is currently plugged stock) and thought about just not putting in the rear bolt, but I was not sure how secure it would be, especially if I had to pull some **** to avoid some *** hat slamming on their brakes or trying to merge into me.

I'm not too worried about the comfort though, because, like the OP, I just got it for the looks. I've got my stock seat also, which is suprisingly comfy, even if it does make my *** sweat. TMI?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:03 AM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default monkey butt

Tried one and didn't work for me. I'm old enough to not compromise on my bones and back health. Got a Corbin and though pissed when it showed up you would have to shoot me to take it away. Ordered it without stitching in the seat cause I'm in rain country. They even called to confirm but it showed up with stitching. Called and left messages and got no return so figured I'd try it out anyway. All the way down the Alcan Hwy and not one hour of discomfort. Pricey but perfect for my butt even if it was stitched. Have had Corbins on three bikes and all were great but this one is the best.(except for the stitching)

Old 02-22-2012, 04:41 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Bro please save us with the they respect your property in Japan bullshit ok.
WTF??? I was just stating a fact! People don't steal your **** here. I've spent 14 years of my life in Japan and never had anything stolen. Anytime I've ever lost something of value, it has ALWAYS been returned to me. All I was sayin' is that if your seat isn't bolted down over there, someone might walk off with it at a rally or other bike event. What's a matter? Some Japanese dude steal your woman? Someone on a rice rocket blow by you and hurt your delicate ego?

you upgrade to a worse feeling then stock, your overrated. Period. It was a step in the wrong direction. I didn't realize the translation of bare bones meant hard as a rock. Nor did other people on this same thread who bought and sold thier overrated LePera. I will say this. I haven't heard one comfort complaint from any Danny gray, or c and c customer. And I have a low profile Danny gray seat!
Wrong! You don't upgrade to a Bare Bones seat for comfort. It's all style. Anyone who thinks otherwise and imagines they are gonna get a more cushy seat is a moron! Yeah, DG and C&C lo pros may be more comfortable, but they lack the style of the BB.

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Thanks for the info! And sick looking bike! Do people really steal seats? WTF?! That is rediculous! Why do people have to be such dicks? I remember seeing some locking seat nuts and thought it was a waste of money. Then again, I also tend to give the human race the benefit of the doubt, so I guess it never came to my mind that people would just jack your **** like that.

I actually was thinking that it was like the others and used that rear single bolt hole (which is currently plugged stock) and thought about just not putting in the rear bolt, but I was not sure how secure it would be, especially if I had to pull some **** to avoid some *** hat slamming on their brakes or trying to merge into me.

I'm not too worried about the comfort though, because, like the OP, I just got it for the looks. I've got my stock seat also, which is suprisingly comfy, even if it does make my *** sweat. TMI?
Thanks for the compliment. I wouldn't worry bout the seat too much, if I were you. Just worry bout getting home safe. Appreciate your service, soldier.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:46 AM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS

My barebones mounts to the two stock bolts

Old 02-22-2012, 08:37 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by kozy22
My barebones mounts to the two stock bolts
That's 'cuz you don't have the 200mm rear tire. Lil different design for the wider fender...

Old 02-22-2012, 09:38 AM
streeteagle
Club Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have no experience with the Bare Bones seat, however I have the LePera 2-up Silhouette seat in leather which is unbelieveably comfortable. I know comparing my seat with the Bare Bones is like comparing apples & oranges but I don't see how ANY solo seat of this type could be very comfortable simply due to the fact there is not much too it! Very little padding, no back support to speak of, & not wide enough. This seat is for looks only IMO. I also need to add that if your getting a new seat of any style, spring for the leather. I give more than vinyl & comforms to your *** over time.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Not surprising that a seat with about 1" padding is going to ride hard as hell. The most comfortable seat I've sat on was the stock Heritage seat. Not much for looks though. I love the stock Deluxe seat though. Not as comfy as the Heritage, but a good compromise on looks vs comfort.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Manobeer
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got the BB for my heritage.

I did not buy it for comfort, and I did not throw away the stocker...I can throw on bags, windshield and stock seat in less than 5 minutes.

Old 08-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Chrismiles
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I think they named the seat Bare Bones for a reason. It is a Bare Bones seat. It look amazing on the bike, compliments the bike like no other I have seen... I have a Bare Bones for around town going to a couple of bars along the way, then I have a Maverick for longer rides.... Le Pera has comfy seats as well as the thin low ones... if you want more padding order a seat with more padding... I have had many LePera seats over the years, can't say anything bad. Also they are still family owned.. can't beet that!

Quick Reply: LePera solo seat Fat Boy Lo. Not very happy with it....