Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage Bags sagging fixed in 06 or 07?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:42 AM
KY23
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heritage Bags sagging fixed in 06 or 07?

My bike is an '06 but the bags were starting to sag a bit after getting rained on at Little Sturgis. One thing to remember with gotsaggybags is to do it as soon as possible. The panels are cut to work on new shaped bags and if they are really saggy or twisted they won't work. If you have bags and don't want them to sag do one of the kits now and don't wait or you will be buying new bags.

The gotsaggybags kit is very simple, just pre-cut plastic panels and cement. You could cut your own and it would work the same. The side panels would be harder to do but its possible. I didn't want to deal with that so $100 was well worth it to me.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:39 PM
DMSC
Road Master

ORIGINAL: agedwards63

Holy crap Ky23Saggy Bags owes you a commison you just sold a kit for them... is that an 05? I have a 04 the bags dont look like h*ll but are buckling a little bit and those look new... A question not being answered here is do those 06 and laters start buckling after being in the rain a few times especially at the rear? any help would be appreciated
How good your bags will look with the GSB kit installed depends on just how much your bags are sagging now. They WILL look a lot BETTER...just don't expect them to have the crisp line of the KY23's bags.

I have the GSB kit in my bags. The lids are off just a bit but, I like the way they look. Sort of gives them some character...like an aged look.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:13 PM
KY23
Tourer

I went on a cruise with Hogsonthehighseas.com and one of the vendors on board was Boss bags. They have the kits that turn your heritage bags into hard bags (probably a little stiffer than my gotsaggybags kit) and they look really really good. The top of the bag is kind of curved and not so flat on top. I think it looks better than the gotsaggybags kit but...you have to send them your bags to install. I didn't want to do that so I got the kit I have.

Old 01-05-2007, 02:15 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The '06's had the reinforced upper edge, but I went ahead and installed the Saggy Bags inserts....cheap insurance IMO.
My bags have been soaked, I just let'em dry and them rub 'em down with leather conditioner and they always look new.
The short straps on the buckles are worthless, surely adding an extra inch of leather wouldn't have broke the bank...sheesh[:@]

Denny <flappin straps but no saggy bags>

Old 01-05-2007, 03:28 PM
bgr8ful
Advanced

I purchased my my bike in June 06, and havehad numerous things in&out of my bags, in hot tempatures, and there is s slight sag on the left side but not too much on the right side.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:38 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I installed the gotsaggybags kit and Bubba's quick detach side plates and bag kit soon after I got the bike. I'm happy with both. With the Bubba's sideplates, the saddle bags do not extend out any further from the bike than stock.

Jim

Old 01-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine have over 4000 miles on my 07 and the bags still look great, But if the start to sag,I will go with the gotsaggybags kit

Old 01-05-2007, 04:03 PM
wfshaw
Advanced

Bought my bike in August. 22300 miles and bags are as good as new

Old 01-05-2007, 04:04 PM
wfshaw
Advanced

Whoops......make that 2300 miles.

Old 01-05-2007, 05:12 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing is certain, with time they will sag if not modified, its the nature of the beast.

Some folks like 'em that way. If you like the nice clean lines then its best to fix them now, if you like a bit of "character" then wait till they soften a bit.

I don't really see it as a "problem" that needs fixed, just a preference in the look you desire.

Quick Reply: Heritage Bags sagging fixed in 06 or 07?