Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Modified Rocker C Project is Beginning in November

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 11:30 PM
LAZ_Rocker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Modified Rocker C Project is Beginning in November

I did an animated mockup of what I plan to do (shows stock version to some of the planned mods) - http://www.lulays.com/harley/rocker_ani.gif

Because I am a web developer, I plan to do a web page or two on the project and I will make that link available when it is done.

DONE SO FAR
I started with the crimson red sunglow Rocker C and have the following mods done so far: Screamin Eagle stage 3; 103ci heads; 570 cams; ST2 EFI; Pro Super Tuner; Screamin Eagle high flow air intake; Compression release kit; dyno tuned at dealer; short mirrors; Harley tach/speedo combo; Danny Gray solo seat; Kury swing arm mount license plate.

ON THE WAY
I ordered the Performance Machine wheels/tires/rotors; got a stock rear fender spare that is ready to be chopped and customized; got a new front blank that is ready to chop and customize; kury chrome signals for amber rear turns; stock rear brake from Harley (for bobber style in rear fender); alternating run/amber forkerz front signals; fender paint with custom striping to match (kind of); Vance & Hines staggered short shots (played with lots of styles and this is what I thought matched the rest of the mods the best).

I've been waiting to do grips and lower controls until I get these first mods done, then I will determine what I want to get and try to get them on before the summer.

Certainly everyone will have an opinion - I make my stuff to match my taste and the things I am trying to do, within whatever budget I am trying to stay in. I've been jonesin for a Harley for a long time, and this is the bike I've been wanting to get and "tweak".

I put a gillion hours into the animation and don't plan to upload photos as I go, but will compile it all and put it on the web page(s) that I make. I am hoping to have the mockup mods done before Feb/March 2013. I did something similar when I did mods to my VTX a couple of years ago (http:www.lulays.com/vtx)

Last edited by LAZ_Rocker; 10-28-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:35 AM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like you're all set! Can't wait to see it finished.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:36 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

Cnt wait to see it either

Old 10-29-2012, 11:46 AM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I like. It's going to be nice

Old 10-29-2012, 12:00 PM
HD100
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Rocker modifications are becoming rare here, good to have a new one in progress.
Can’t wait to see it either.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:14 PM
jayrocker
Cruiser

can't wait to see it when its finished

Old 10-29-2012, 09:50 PM
rockerz
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Keep us updated!

Old 11-04-2012, 07:06 PM
LAZ_Rocker
Advanced

I dropped my bike off at my friends shop today. We will spend as many Saturdays as possible working on it I mounted the rear fender spare, removed my rear passenger pegs, and yesterday/today I removed my front stock signals and installed the forkerz and the alternating lights look pretty cool and are even brighter than I thought they would be.

I left all of my new parts, and everything is here except the wheel/tire package.

Old 11-05-2012, 05:14 AM
roadkingharry
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 20 Posts

Got some before and after dyno numbers on your engine mods?

Old 02-26-2013, 10:47 PM
LAZ_Rocker
Advanced

It is going much slower than I thought, but it will be done by the time summer gets here. Here is a photo with the wheels taped off (the matching pulley hasn't been installed yet). I've got lots of parts still waiting to go on.

Quick Reply: My Modified Rocker C Project is Beginning in November