Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Allright that's it

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 12:07 AM
surfnorthwest
Supporter
Received 28,561 Likes on 9,496 Posts
Default Allright that's it

So first off I love my 2013 Heritage Classic. I literally have stuck about 5k into it customizing it and performance mods since I got it so its not going anywhere. I love it and its perfect for my wife and I.

So I am out riding today with some other couples and they started with the gay jokes again on my bike due to the studs in the saddle bags.... they call it man purse. The only way to shut them up about it will be to get different saddle bags or convert to some hard shells.

Since my friends unfortunately are not going anywhere, I am looking for some nice classy NON STUDDED saddlebags or, a good link to convert over to hard saddle bags like a Road King perhaps.

Anyone help a brother out...

Old 03-30-2014, 12:33 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Yea, I can help you out! Tell them to go F*** themselves! It's your bike, your money, do as you want and what trips your trigger. I would only consider something like this is if THEY were making the payments on the bike. You ever think they might wish they had those studded bags? There isn't one thing on my bike that is there for any other reason than I want it there! If there isn't something there it's because I don't like it and don't want it there.

Lastly, they say or make gay remarks about your bike? Tell them they would look really bad, really silly having their a$$ kicked by a gay guy riding on a gay bike!

Old 03-30-2014, 12:34 AM
Zambo5000
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Leather works makes great products. I would say they are reasonable priced based on the quality.

http://www.leatherworksinc.com/leather-motorcycle-products/

Old 03-30-2014, 01:07 AM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Why don't you let your friends decide what bags you get since it is them you are trying to please. By the way I'm glad I no longer have those type of people still in my life. Haters are always going to hate.

The following users liked this post:
81shovelhd! (01-10-2024)
Old 03-30-2014, 01:17 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

EXACTLY!!!...........AND BY THE WAY, the haters are everywhere. We even have our own fare share of them right here!

Old 03-30-2014, 01:23 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you really like the studded bags, don't let peer pressure have you thinking you need to change them out.
I have buddy that calls my solo bag a purse. I just laugh with him.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:29 AM
Astrodokk
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy rides with boots most times, but every once in a while he takes off on his bike for a few minutes around the block in his sneakers.
I told him one day that another biker dude had said that its just not right to ride a Harley in sneakers, and my friend said that he didn't give a s**t what anyone thought about his style and they could eat s**t and die for all he cared.
Do what you feel like doing, not what others make you feel like doing.
Do you like them? Your answer will set you free!

Old 03-30-2014, 03:20 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
EXACTLY!!!...........AND BY THE WAY, the haters are everywhere. We even have our own fare share of them right here!

Don't listen to TBT, he is just mad, cause I am about to prove to him how he got the wrong handlebars on his sled.

Seriously though, I hate the studded bags myself, but the day I give a flying **** about what people though of MY bike, is the day I quit riding. It's yours, you paid for it with hard earned money (or soon to be earned credit) do with it what you like.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:48 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member

Ok dyolfknip, what do you have up your sleeve as the old saying goes? In no way do I have the nicest bike here, FAR FROM IT in fact! I am however proud of what I do have though and I always LOVE a little competition! I would love to post up some pictures and match you one on one except I have 2 problems! The 1st is I have a HUGE hole in my bike where my top end used to be! I am thinking I am at least 3 to 4 weeks out before I have it back and road worthy. The 2nd is I have a nice new camera just for this very reason but I can't figure out how to get the pictures from the camera to here! I am curious to see what you have and what you are talking about though. I hope whatever it is it's something I already have, can't use or don't want because stuff like this here always costs me a ton of money!

Old 03-30-2014, 06:13 AM
pipeyeti
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Replace the "friends" not the bags.

The following 3 users liked this post by pipeyeti:
Goose_NC (01-11-2024), s-glide76 (01-13-2024), Sleeko (01-10-2024)

Quick Reply: Allright that's it