Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deuce Power commander, where to mount??

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Low n Loud
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Deuce Power commander, where to mount??

Hey Deuce'rs...

Where the hell did you guys mount your Power commander?!?!? Any tips, or pix would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

Old 07-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Liberator
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Low n Loud
Hey Deuce'rs...

Where the hell did you guys mount your Power commander?!?!? Any tips, or pix would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!
it's a bitch alright. i think at first i ended up unscrewing the ECU and moving it rearward and re-attaching it with velcro. that gave me a little space to mount it. my mustang solo seat allowed me to do that. not sure what the space it like with others.

i finally ended up getting one of those new shorai lithium batteries and it freed up a ton of room in the battery compartment since it's so much smaller for the same or better power. could easily slip it in there next to the battery.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Low n Loud
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Liberator
it's a bitch alright. i think at first i ended up unscrewing the ECU and moving it rearward and re-attaching it with velcro. that gave me a little space to mount it. my mustang solo seat allowed me to do that. not sure what the space it like with others.

i finally ended up getting one of those new shorai lithium batteries and it freed up a ton of room in the battery compartment since it's so much smaller for the same or better power. could easily slip it in there next to the battery.

Bam.... different battery... Didn't even think of that! I'm running a Badlander 2-up seat and lemme tell ya, theres barley any room for what's already there let alone a power commander ans it's bulky harness!!

Old 07-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Liberator
Cruiser

Bam.... different battery... Didn't even think of that! I'm running a Badlander 2-up seat and lemme tell ya, theres barley any room for what's already there let alone a power commander ans it's bulky harness!!
well the shorai battery seems pretty good but it's really freakin' expensive. worth it? maybe...but don't expect it to crank well around 40 degrees. at least it gives you room in there. i did have the badlander seat and there is NO room in there for anything.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Low n Loud
Cruiser

well the shorai battery seems pretty good but it's really freakin' expensive. worth it? maybe...but don't expect it to crank well around 40 degrees. at least it gives you room in there. i did have the badlander seat and there is NO room in there for anything.
Rough guesstimate, how much shorter is it than the stock HD battery? A couple inches at least?

Old 07-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Liberator
Cruiser

Rough guesstimate, how much shorter is it than the stock HD battery? A couple inches at least?
maybe about that. i'd go take a pic for ya but my bike is in for dyno right now. i can tell you that you'll have NO problem fitting the PCV in the space it opens up for you. so much so that'll you'll still need to use the foam padding that comes with the shorai batteries to take up the extra room.

on important note about those shorai lithiums, for the love of god don't let it discharge too far. if your bike tends to drain batteries either disconnect the battery or get the (expensive) shorai charger made for those batteries to keep it charged. now my 2001 deuce never really drains it but my other bike (a newer ducati) kills them.

Old 07-08-2014, 08:01 AM
Low n Loud
Cruiser

Anyone else with a deuce and a PC that can chime in with a solution, or suggestions?? I'm pricing out the new battery now, but looking to see if anyone else has some good tricks?

Old 07-08-2014, 08:03 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

That is a damn good idea. Those batteries are about $250 aren't they?

Old 07-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Liberator
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Machiavelli
That is a damn good idea. Those batteries are about $250 aren't they?
Mine was around $170 from RevZilla. Expensive but you're pretty much screwed bc there's just no space left on a Deuce. I also have load balancers and a run, turn, brake module in there too so the smaller battery really helped me.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:36 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

Mine was around $170 from RevZilla. Expensive but you're pretty much screwed bc there's just no space left on a Deuce. I also have load balancers and a run, turn, brake module in there too so the smaller battery really helped me.
Would it be possible for you to post a pic?

Quick Reply: Deuce Power commander, where to mount??