Bad Boy Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 09:44 PM
jamesf0622
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey all. I unfortunately had to sell my Night Train, however I'm using some of the money I got from it to put towards another bike. I am looking at a '96 Bad boy with only 12,500 miles for $7750. It appears the only issue is the paint. It doesn't have the telltale Bad Boy stripes, which saddens me.

Is there a way to find out what the original colors were so I could have it redone to how it looked from the factory?

I found it on the internet and won't be able to pick it up or look at it in person until Memorial Day weekend since it's out of state, but the sellers are going to hold it for me until I'm able to get there. Is there anything else in particular I should look for? I've never ridden a springer, how does it compare to an FX style fork?

I'm pretty excited about it, I just wish I didn't have to wait so long!

Attached Thumbnails  Bad Boy Pictures-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by jamesf0622; 05-03-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:56 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,991 Likes on 2,186 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesf0622
Hey all. I unfortunately had to sell my Night Train, however I'm using some of the money I got from it to put towards another bike. I am looking at a '96 Bad boy with only 12,500 miles for $7750. It appears the only issue is the paint. It doesn't have the telltale Bad Boy stripes, which saddens me.

Is there a way to find out what the original colors were so I could have it redone to how it looked from the factory?

I found it on the internet and won't be able to pick it up or look at it in person until Memorial Day weekend since it's out of state, but the sellers are going to hold it for me until I'm able to get there. Is there anything else in particular I should look for? I've never ridden a springer, how does it compare to an FX style fork?

Jim's Speed Shop in Daytona has 2 original blue (aqua is the real color)set left last time I checked. I have a tank set that I might be selling if I can get my tank redone without ruining the originals. Be prepared for sticker shock they are not cheap. G.

welcome to the Bad Boy side,you'll love it.Best ride of all the softails and best motor ever build by Harley in my view.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:18 AM
StLSpringer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome! MY understanding is the MoCo has everything archived, just call them with the VIN and they should be able to tell you the color scheme. If you want the original scallops go to www.millerscustomparts.us It is where I got mine and as G said, they aren't cheap. To answer your final question, nothing rides like a Bad Boy! The Springer, the rake, the bar positioning.... it was just right. I totaled mine, bought a Heritage Springer and miss it but will own another Bad Boy with no doubt.

Old 05-04-2012, 10:53 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,991 Likes on 2,186 Posts

My bad on the Jim's. Brett got it right with Miller's.

While I'm hear I just want to thank Brett STL97FXSTSBfor his generosity.He went out of his way early Sat morning to bring some parts he gave me for free to my friends that were passing thru St Louis on the interstate. My only dealings with Brett has been on these boards and have never met him personally. It really amazes me at the number of quality folks that I have met on these forums. many don't know about my personal live lately but the ones that do have stepped up to help me. I can't thank Brett and others enough. I certainly will pass it down when ever I can to help without thought If I can. Thanks again Brett. You and your dad have a place to stay when you pass thru Ga. this summer.We'll cook ya BBQ you won't forget Ga style. Thanks again B. G.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:57 PM
jamesf0622
Road Master

Here are some more pics of the bike. It's like a blank canvas. I'm still bummed about the paint, but it could be worse I suppose.

Attached Thumbnails  Bad Boy Pictures-untitled2.jpg    Bad Boy Pictures-untitled3.jpg    Bad Boy Pictures-untitled4.jpg    Bad Boy Pictures-untitled5.jpg    Bad Boy Pictures-untitled1.jpg  

Last edited by jamesf0622; 05-06-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:00 PM
jamesf0622
Road Master

More pics. Is it just me, or does the front fender look a little high? The gap between ther fender and the tire looks huge!

Attached Thumbnails  Bad Boy Pictures-3809440_67c9e6f6-6824-40ee-90fa-8810783d682e.jpg    Bad Boy Pictures-3809440_277a0639-6780-4593-b8c7-bf7cdff744b5.jpg    Bad Boy Pictures-3809440_fbd9dd32-22f3-44b2-bc4e-33cf4e5f83f7.jpg  

Last edited by jamesf0622; 05-06-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:09 PM
jamesf0622
Road Master

This bike is ****. Does anybody know about this bike? Wheels and tires are awesome. I definitely like the old school look with the www tires and spokes.

If I pull the trigger on the bad boy in a couple weeks this is kind of the direction I'd like to go. Not sure about the thunderheader, but love the wrap. I'm thinking a set of carlini evil apes would set it off pretty nicely too.

Attached Thumbnails  Bad Boy Pictures-1010_hbkp_08_z-1996_harley_davidson_bad_boy_springer_softail-side_view.jpg  

Last edited by jamesf0622; 05-06-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:18 AM
StLSpringer
Tourer

This bike is ****. Does anybody know about this bike? Wheels and tires are awesome. I definitely like the old school look with the www tires and spokes.

If I pull the trigger on the bad boy in a couple weeks this is kind of the direction I'd like to go. Not sure about the thunderheader, but love the wrap. I'm thinking a set of carlini evil apes would set it off pretty nicely too.
To answer your questions. IMHO the gap looks a little high in the back more than the front, so maybe an adjustment needs to be made. I wanted to keep mine close to factory with a few mods so I kept it BUT, 97's and Skully's look amazing without the fender. I am not a fan of white walls, fishtails or any "nostalgic" looks on a Bad Boy (I don't feel the bars and rear fender didn't lend itself to the look), but that's me I & I will always admit when I am wrong. Plus, it's what you like, never let anyone tell you different.

Get the Bad Boy, you'll love it. I rode yesterday and while the new bike is great, I still miss BB (sigh)...

Old 05-20-2012, 10:48 PM
96black&blue
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome to the BB side james,your gonna love the ride,i'm sure it's safe to say that we all do.yes, the front fender does need adjusted,you might think about lowering the rear also.some of us here like the front lowered also,my preference is just the rear.thats just me.judging by the badge color and the year it was either yellow with red trim or the purplish color.three colors each year of production.new bike looks real nice STL how you like it?glad to see your still around G hope all worked out at least partially in your favor,main thing is if your happy.trusting that you and STL are totally healed up by no,.it's been awhile.how you been 97?hope all is well with all you BB people.later all ,jim. anybody hear from skully?

Attached Thumbnails  Bad Boy Pictures-kgrhqrhjbye-hovikz4bpuq-itv1g-60_58.jpg    Bad Boy Pictures-tn_96bbyellow5k2.jpg  
Old 05-21-2012, 07:23 AM
StLSpringer
Tourer

New bike is cool, still a Springer, still an Evo just not a Bad Boy. I really miss the way I sat in the bike and the way it puled me into corners. The HS lets me sit "on top" of the bike which is ok and the floor boards take a bit of getting used to, I just got too good of deal and pocketed some of the extra insurance $$.

I saw on eBay Skully had his bike for sale some time ago, I send him a PM but haven't heard back.

Quick Reply: Bad Boy Pictures