Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Lynchburg TN BQ CookOff, Oct 27

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:52 AM
tomkatz4
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lynchburg TN BQ CookOff, Oct 27

On Saturday, October 27, 2007, Jack Daniel’s Distillery and the people of Lynchburg, Tennessee, will host more than 60 award-winning barbecue teams at the 18th Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue. The Jack Daniel’s Invitational is one of the most prestigious barbecue competitions in the world. Teams from across the United States and around the world compete in the categories of Pork Ribs, Pork Shoulder, Beef Brisket and Chicken. They may also choose to enter the "Jack Daniel’s Sauce" (these sauces must contain a little of our hometown product), and Desserts (only rule ... nothing store bought!) categories. International teams enjoy being especially creative by entering their "Home Cookin’ from the Homeland," while our U.S. championship teams do the same with their "Cook’s Choice." And on Friday afternoon, seven of these world-class teams will compete in our unique "I Know Jack... about grillin’!" competition.
The 2005 "Grand Champion," Boys From Tornado Alley, from Oklahoma will return to defend their title along with the winners of the Houston Livestock & Rodeo Barbecue, the Memphis in May Championship, and the open division of the American Royal Barbeque in Kansas City. Additional teams from Austria, Australia, Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, and the United Kingdom are already finalizing their recipes for the big event. And we even have a special "Shade Tree" contest for 48 amateur teams.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:52 AM
centex
Intermediate
Default RE: Lynchburg TN BQ CookOff, Oct 27

I'll be there Saturday. Hope to find a good parking place.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:59 PM
tomkatz4
Advanced
Default RE: Lynchburg TN BQ CookOff, Oct 27

I plan to be there. I riding Killen-Pulaski-Waco(129)-Lynchburg.
Should be there about lunch time.
Candy Red Ultra with PGR banner on windshield.