Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Myrtle is no longer hosting bike weeks

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 11:31 PM
ChizzleHD
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to hear that myrtle is doing this...i mean i have gone for years, but we aren't coming down this year. =/

Old 02-17-2009, 07:53 AM
catlkn
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JonGolden
We'll see whether the entire area should be condemned for the actions of the council come the next time they're up for election. If they're voted out of office, then the area has made it known that the actions of the council do not reflect the mindset of the community at large; however, if they are not voted out, then it can be inferred that the council is acting with the blessings of the community.

I understand how you can take offense, but, as I read MB On-line almost every day for updates, I can't say that I have seen many community protests over their regulations aimed squarely at bikers.

We shall see...
That is not always the way it works. Are you telling me there is no one in your area in government office that you don't like?

Old 02-17-2009, 11:39 AM
JonGolden
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Like?

Originally Posted by catlkn
That is not always the way it works. Are you
telling me there is no one in your area in government office that you don't like?
Living in NC and in Charlotte, there are lots of gov't officials that I don't like; but like I said, I haven't seen much from the populace in Horry Co., decrying these regulations. I guess tonight we'll see how the County Commission reacts to the new vendor proposals. If they pass without much opposition, then the board probably does speak for the majority of the consitiuents (in that case, screw HC and MB--I'll vacation with my family elsewhere--like many others have said (yet still come down for bike week). If there is a major showing from the businesses and other concerned residents, regardless of whether the new regulations/guidelines are enacted, then bikers will know that the beliefs of a few have overtaken the governing body.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 381 Likes on 226 Posts
Default Who's your sugar daddy?

Originally Posted by dphillips1220
... I ride through myrtle beach every day with ... loud *** pipes and no helmets. I will continue doing so every opportunity I get. If I have to pay a ticket everyday, then so be it, thats what I will do....
Dustin
I think you should start another post, and ask for sponsors to pay your helmet fines and sponsors to pay your loud pipe fines. Then you could ride and ride and when the city of MB fines you over and over and over again, you just pull out one of your markers from this site, and say thanks for the memories.

Then you go to the ACLU and complain that your civil liberties are being taken away unfairly because they are profiling you.

What is the fine for a helmet offense, and does it increase as the number of violations increase? I might be willing to pay your second ticket for a helmet if it is not too expensive.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:54 AM
JonGolden
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hard to feel sorry...

Originally Posted by catlkn
That is not always the way it works. Are you telling me there is no one in your area in government office that you don't like?
it is hard to feel sorry for HC residents when they vote in a moron like this:

<<With the future of this year's spring motorcycle rallies at stake, Horry County Council Chairwoman Liz Gilland initially was so torn that she left it to chance.
Faced with casting the deciding vote on a controversial amendment to an already controversial proposal aimed at curtailing the rallies, Gilland said she hit both the "yea" and "nay" buttons at the same time. Her vote came out "yea.">>

Old 02-18-2009, 12:01 PM
catlkn
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Nobody asked you to feel sorry for them.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:30 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wonder if the city council realizes how many bikers also take familey vacations there like I used to?