Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

ROT Rally - Austin, Texas

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 11:24 AM
benscratchin
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,261 Likes on 3,452 Posts
Question ROT Rally - Austin, Texas

Anyone here going to the ROT Rally this year, besides me?
ZZ Top is the headliner for the musical acts. It’s gonna be a good one!

Old 05-25-2018, 08:02 AM
ABQ-Jammer
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 4,753 Likes on 2,317 Posts

Originally Posted by benscratchin
Anyone here going to the ROT Rally this year, besides me?
ZZ Top is the headliner for the musical acts. It’s gonna be a good one!
You sure it's the REAL ZZ Top, or is it that ZZ-KC "Tribute" band (www.EliminatorKC.com)? The ZZ-KC Tribute band was just here in NM for the Aspen Cash Motorcycle Rally in Ruidoso. As you can tell from YouTube, they look and sound pretty much like ZZ Top, but I'm not sure it's quite the same. Saw ZZ Top in Austin back in '94 for their Antenna tour. It was great! Wouldn't mind seeing them again. I miss Austin, too, but I'm sure it's changed quite a bit since I was last there.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:02 AM
benscratchin
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,261 Likes on 3,452 Posts

Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer
You sure it's the REAL ZZ Top, or is it that ZZ-KC "Tribute" band (www.EliminatorKC.com)? The ZZ-KC Tribute band was just here in NM for the Aspen Cash Motorcycle Rally in Ruidoso. As you can tell from YouTube, they look and sound pretty much like ZZ Top, but I'm not sure it's quite the same. Saw ZZ Top in Austin back in '94 for their Antenna tour. It was great! Wouldn't mind seeing them again. I miss Austin, too, but I'm sure it's changed quite a bit since I was last there.
Yes it's the original, real ZZ Top. Check out the ROT Rally website.
Austin has definitely changed since '94. Its grown and is still growing in population, and development in and around town.
The good thing is, its a short ride out of town into some good hill country riding.

The following users liked this post:
ABQ-Jammer (05-28-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 08:42 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by benscratchin
Yes it's the original, real ZZ Top. Check out the ROT Rally website.
Austin has definitely changed since '94. Its grown and is still growing in population, and development in and around town.
The good thing is, its a short ride out of town into some good hill country riding.
Yes sir, I myself feel truly blessed to be living here too......just south....in between A town & SA

Old 06-03-2018, 09:50 PM
85RoadsterXLS
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Will not be going to the camp grounds. Gonna hate missing ZZ top though. Definitely plan to be out riding the Hill country Saturday.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:55 PM
RLTW89
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lodging

Greetings all. I've asked this on another thread, but this thread is the most recent.
What hotel areas would you recommend? I'm thinking of near the Airport; close to downtown and the Travis Cty Expo Ctr.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:54 PM
JHC210
Club Member
Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

It is certainly that time of the year here in Central Texas. Will be going to CTHD and Cowboy for their events but not out to the fairgrounds. Ain't worth the $$ to get in. It has been going down hill for sometime. Definitely hit 6th Street Friday evening.

BTW, did the 3 Sisters ride during Memorial Day weekend. Now that is some nice hill country riding.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:17 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by JHC210
It is certainly that time of the year here in Central Texas. Will be going to CTHD and Cowboy for their events but not out to the fairgrounds. Ain't worth the $$ to get in. It has been going down hill for sometime. Definitely hit 6th Street Friday evening.

BTW, did the 3 Sisters ride during Memorial Day weekend. Now that is some nice hill country riding.
I know this is a dated thread but....
I totally agree about ROT going down hill. We've noticed it the last several years and decided to take a pass this year. And a guy in our group has gone every year since ROT started. Fewer and fewer vendors showing up yet ticket prices continue to increase. We're not big on the bands and certainly avoid the campgrounds, other than to stage for the parade, so an increase in ticket prices offer us very little, if anything, in return.

Give me Lone Star Rally over ROT. I like their business model much better. No registration fee yet if you want a bit more perks, they offer a couple of levels of VIP. Anyway, that's just my opinion. YMMV.