Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Bishop73
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn I missed the post about the 19th but I was off camping anyway. Let's get another one going. This Sunday the 2nd anyone??

Old 10-31-2008, 03:16 PM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bishop73
Damn I missed the post about the 19th but I was off camping anyway. Let's get another one going. This Sunday the 2nd anyone??
I'm sorry you missed it, too! My son-in-law and a good friend from work showed up and we cruised up to Blanco and had a "couple" at the Sunset Restaurant. Lots of bikes on the road that day. We had a couple of riders on Yamaha R6's join us on River Road. Had a good conversation with them when we got gas in Sattler. They seemed very impressed with our Harleys.

I am taking the family camping and fishing at Lake Corpus Christi this weekend, so I won't be able to go. Hopefully others will see this and make the ride.

I will be up for a ride on the 8th or 9th. I can definitely make sure some others show up, as well. Keep me posted.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:31 PM
Bishop73
Road Warrior

Well I can't make this weekend, I have an uncle that is ill and just got the call that he may not make it to tomorrow so we are off to Louisiana. Should be able to ride next weekend, hopefully.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If anyone is up for a ride this Sunday the 9th, make a suggestion and I will be there.

I am going to Gruene HD tomorrow (th 8th) for the chili cook-off and the bike show. Thinking about joining the HOG group. Hope to see some of you there.

I will set up a San Antonio/South TX riders group here on the forum to make setting up rides easier by e-mailing. Not sure how it works, but I know someone who does. Stay tuned.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:26 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Starboard
If anyone is up for a ride this Sunday the 9th, make a suggestion and I will be there.

I am going to Gruene HD tomorrow (th 8th) for the chili cook-off and the bike show. Thinking about joining the HOG group. Hope to see some of you there.

I will set up a San Antonio/South TX riders group here on the forum to make setting up rides easier by e-mailing. Not sure how it works, but I know someone who does. Stay tuned.
FYI, the Gruene HOG chapter meets tomorrow morning at 10:30 @ the VFW hall - it's by the county fairgrounds off of Common Street. PM or email me if you need better directions.

Ah'll be at the cookoff tomorrow as well - we're part of the HOG "cook team" that built and cooks on the pit there at the dealership, an' we wanted a chance to make some really *spicy* (read as meanin' it'll make the "4-alarm" stuff look like baby food). We'll be set up next ta the BBQ pit, so look us up!

Old 11-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Bishop73
Road Warrior

I'll be at the dealership off and on tomorrow, going to try and make the HOG meeting but not sure yet (already a member). I am also planning on riding Sunday with some other friends.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:05 AM
khyber
Road Captain
Default Plan on

being at Gruene HD with the missus also; most likely see some of ya'll there. George, I'll stop by for some of that spicy stuff.
Robert, might see you while wandering around. Used to live next door to you.

rs

Old 11-08-2008, 06:39 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Sounds good! Jest remember one thang - the EPA declared mah last batch ta be chemically unsafe - an' ah made it mild!<G>

Old 11-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Bishop73
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by khyber
being at Gruene HD with the missus also; most likely see some of ya'll there. George, I'll stop by for some of that spicy stuff.
Robert, might see you while wandering around. Used to live next door to you.

rs
Lol, I'm actually kinda glad you aren't my neighbor anymore. The new neighbor is much easier on the eyes. How's the new bike treating you? Sure I'll bump into you all at some point today.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:01 AM
khyber
Road Captain
Default Yea,

Originally Posted by Bishop73
Lol, I'm actually kinda glad you aren't my neighbor anymore. The new neighbor is much easier on the eyes. How's the new bike treating you? Sure I'll bump into you all at some point today.
I hear you; followed her around as she checked the place out. I am in agreement.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders