Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2018, 10:09 PM
gerald martin
Road Master
Received 447 Likes on 292 Posts
Default bagger sporty

Originally Posted by Motorpunk

I uploaded. I saw it. I clicked post and poof no pic
I would think if there was a guitar in there the heat from the exhaust might do some damage to it

Old 05-05-2018, 01:11 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

I created this thread in January 2015 to bring this specialized group together to collaborate and share ideas....I hope it was beneficial to everyone who participated. Please keep it coming and share pics of your bagger...someone out there may be thinking of doing the same but needs that motivation to pull the trigger or needs that piece of information to understand the install.

Some 920 replies and 222,730 views later, I decided to sell my custom sporty bagger....a sportster with over $12k in modifications not including the cost of the bike. The guy who bought it got the deal of his life....I will truly miss her. .

KEEP THOSE SPORTY BAGGERS COMING!!! .

Last edited by hscic; 05-05-2018 at 01:14 AM.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:35 AM
Motorpunk
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gerald martin
I would think if there was a guitar in there the heat from the exhaust might do some damage to it
not so far in 3 years I been packn it. I did put a coat of something on the outside of case and an extra layer of fur stuff inside. It isn't right up against the side there is a few inches between case and bike. One small bracket holds it on with a wing nut.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:42 AM
Motorpunk
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Motorpunk

I uploaded. I saw it. I clicked post and poof no pic
also, bungi cord is just an added safegaurd should all my case latches fail. It isn't holding the case on bike.

Old 05-05-2018, 04:29 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Jed Clampett
Every little bit helps! I had 3 Buells over time, wish I had kept one of them.
Buttercup does have a new screen now, although I don't have a photo to hand. She also has a top-box for the pillion, so I can swap between 'hump' and luggage, from 'sport' to 'touring' in a few moments! Must take more photos....

Old 05-06-2018, 01:54 AM
Old Iron Man
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
I created this thread in January 2015 to bring this specialized group together to collaborate and share ideas....I hope it was beneficial to everyone who participated. Please keep it coming and share pics of your bagger...someone out there may be thinking of doing the same but needs that motivation to pull the trigger or needs that piece of information to understand the install.

Some 920 replies and 222,730 views later, I decided to sell my custom sporty bagger....a sportster with over $12k in modifications not including the cost of the bike. The guy who bought it got the deal of his life....I will truly miss her. .

KEEP THOSE SPORTY BAGGERS COMING!!! .
That must have been very tough for you to sell it. I hope you got at least some of your investment back. I know this thread helped me with ideas quite a bit, so a big thanks to you HSCIC. I was just about to post to this thread some pics of my new slightly customized bags on my Iron. I'll do that after they are installed this week. Just curious, did you replace it with something else with two wheels?

Old 05-06-2018, 03:53 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Old Iron Man
That must have been very tough for you to sell it. I hope you got at least some of your investment back. I know this thread helped me with ideas quite a bit, so a big thanks to you HSCIC. I was just about to post to this thread some pics of my new slightly customized bags on my Iron. I'll do that after they are installed this week. Just curious, did you replace it with something else with two wheels?
Yes it was a difficult decision...so difficult I had both bikes listed for sale at the same time because I was not sure which to keep. Just remember you will never make back your investment...not even close, but I enjoyed every minute modding the bike.

Glad the thread was of interest and provided some options for you....yes, I still have a sportster so I will still be around the forum. My sporty is an original 1980 Sportster XLH1000 Ironhead....so went from a fully customized to a fully original.

Yes, please continue to post pics of your sporty bagger....this forum helped me tremendously.

Last edited by hscic; 05-06-2018 at 04:27 AM.
Old 05-06-2018, 08:36 AM
keener3rd
Cruiser
Received 122 Likes on 67 Posts

Bought the bike in Sept. and have been making minor changes since then. Got a great deal on the bags on eBay and finally got them installed last night, so next up is to get those handlebars replaced.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:35 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
Yes it was a difficult decision...so difficult I had both bikes listed for sale at the same time because I was not sure which to keep. Just remember you will never make back your investment...not even close, but I enjoyed every minute modding the bike.
Wow Dude seems like we have been building our bikes side by side over the past few years.
Big step getting rid of something that you have put so much time, energy and money into.
Especially if we know that we will never recover everything we put in.
At least you are still on a Sportster

Ride Safe my friend

Old 05-22-2018, 10:05 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member

A couple weeks ago, I finally sold my customized 2011 Sporty since I bought a factory original 1980 Sportster XLH1000 Ironhead.

Well will be selling my original 1980 Ironhead and bought a 1971 FLH Shovelhead....going backwards. lol

It has been a pleasure living in this forum for the past several years.

Last edited by hscic; 05-22-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling All Sportster Baggers...Post Pics of your Bagger