Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Rally in Red River

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 09:51 PM
johnsonabq
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Rally in Red River

Dispite thepastcontroversy, I thought this year's Memorial Day Run in Red River New Mexico was a lot of fun. I promised info and pics so here ya go! Just click on the link to go to our website and get the "low down".

2007 Red River Memorial Day Run.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:30 AM
johnsonabq
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Rally

I posted this in the General section and feel compelled to put it here to. This is in response to all the people who feel they should ignore the Memorial Day Rally in Red River due to the tragedy of a couple of years ago.

[blockquote]
As far as the kid who killed and maimed those people, it's all very sad but I don't think they would've wanted their deaths to cause people to lose sight of what the rally is all about and that's to pay tribute to Viet Nam veterans on Memorial Day. The reason the rally is in Red River is because it's so close to the Viet Nam Veteran's Memorial in Angel Fire. Honoring those brave men and women is what it's all about. That's why I went to the Memorial before I ever showed up in Red River. Bikers have been dealing with all sorts of crap from "The Man" since day one. If we decided not to ever go to a city or town that mistreated law abiding bikers, there would be precious few places to go.

Anyway... As I said, this is about the Viet Nam Vets, and even if you never go to Red River; the memorial in Angel Fire deserves your attendance, respect, and honor. I have not been so touched and humbled in quite some time. It is what the trip was all about.
[/blockquote]