Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dudepants Rubbermount Short Chop

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 09:02 PM
Dudepants
Road Warrior
Received 587 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by back again
You running a button on the solenoid? I don’t see brightly colored accent lights on your list haha.
yeah button on the solenoid. no ground effects for me hahaha

Old 01-08-2019, 10:29 PM
Dudepants
Road Warrior

ok, got some more stuff done. cleaned up the mount for the headlight so it fits a bit better and notched a tube to use as a cross member on the chain stays by the fender. i’m definitely going with a 12 cell antigravity battery for the space and weight savings but i’m really not sure where to put it along with the fuses and ICM. in front of the fender? maybe under the seat on top of the oil tank? on the side by the primary? what do you all think?

Also, i’m really not thrilled with the front end. the bars look too tall/wide or something.

maybe try a low rise bar? like stock ones? i can’t do drag bars

Old 01-09-2019, 06:27 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,931 Likes on 2,569 Posts

Originally Posted by Dudepants
i love it man, really cool color. i don’t think i’ve seen that one before. kind of makes me want to try a two tone paint job
One year only for Sportsters, they then used the same two tone the next year on the Fatboy and I think Heritage. Then that was it. Some of the Hugger 883's in 1991 left with the yellow/orange color but not as a two tone.

Your bars, what is killing me is the throttle cables. Take a look at Exile Cycles internal throttle setup, cleans everything up tremendously. And don't sweat the return cable delete.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:13 AM
Dudepants
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Architect
One year only for Sportsters, they then used the same two tone the next year on the Fatboy and I think Heritage. Then that was it. Some of the Hugger 883's in 1991 left with the yellow/orange color but not as a two tone.

Your bars, what is killing me is the throttle cables. Take a look at Exile Cycles internal throttle setup, cleans everything up tremendously. And don't sweat the return cable delete.
Hmm I don't think I'll go internal throttle (funds are getting quite low for this project), but maybe single throttle cable?

Old 01-09-2019, 08:18 AM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,263 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by Dudepants
Hmm I don't think I'll go internal throttle (funds are getting quite low for this project), but maybe single throttle cable?
Just as an alternative to the expensive Exile version (not endorsing, never used either/any of them)

Amazon Amazon

hth,

T.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:19 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,806 Likes on 2,123 Posts

I think it was called can’t pearl sunrise or something like that architect. Really cool in the bright sun and under street lights.
I like the wide bars but not one piece like you have. I think 2” risers would be a better look. But that’s just me.
I have several sets of bars and 2” risers your welcome to try. I’ll post a pic up when I get to my other phone B.
Battery looks good on the primary side if you mount level. Hides the backbone and rubber mount some.G.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:27 AM
Dudepants
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by WKNDS
Just as an alternative to the expensive Exile version (not endorsing, never used either/any of them)

https://www.amazon.com/Internal-Thro.../dp/B06XSH2YK8

hth,

T.
Hmm, I might think on that, thanks WKNDS!

Old 01-09-2019, 08:28 AM
Dudepants
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by WKNDS

https://www.amazon.com/Internal-Thro.../dp/B06XSH2YK8

hth,

T.
I think 2” risers would be a better look. But that’s just me.
I have several sets of bars and 2” risers your welcome to try. I’ll post a pic up when I get to my other phone B.
Battery looks good on the primary side if you mount level. Hides the backbone and rubber mount some.G.
Right on, thanks BA, I'd love to see them. A buddy of mine suggested maybe trying a set of flat track style bars too.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:06 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,806 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Your choice Bryan.

Old 01-09-2019, 10:06 AM
Dudepants
Road Warrior

Your choice Bryan.
Right on, thanks BA. Looks like you got a fully stocked shop there (I can relate) hahaha! I'm going to stick with what I have for now, and circle back to this after I get some other items out of the way.

Quick Reply: Dudepants Rubbermount Short Chop