Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got pull over last night, lucky me

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 09:28 AM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Got pull over last night, lucky me

Riding my favorite road along the riverside as usual after dinner, it was a 30 zone, I was riding at around 40, a big truck pulled out from the side, what I saw was high beam flashing from a Jeep parked on the side, I thought he tried to give me a signal to stop, didn't know that was a unmarked cop car. I passed him and keep riding at normal speed, he pulled over and stopped me, he said if he didn't flash the high beam, I have been dead already, he asked if I want a $200 speeding ticket or friendly reminder and you know the answer. He let me go because he saw another car speeding on the opposite lane while we talked, I am so lucky, this is the first time I got pull over without getting a ticket, the only thing I worry about is my side mounted license plate, that's $140 ticket right there lol. Later Alex

Old 07-04-2007, 04:25 PM
vertigoenigma
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Got pull over last night, lucky me

You don't have to stop for a unmarked cop car if he puts on his blues you can wait for a painted version..

around here a few yrs ago there were a few people who got injured for stopping for what they thought were unmarled police cars with blues on the dash it was talked about quite extensively on the news.

Old 07-04-2007, 04:27 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: vertigoenigma

You don't have to stop for a unmarked cop car if he puts on his blues you can wait for a painted version..

around here a few yrs ago there were a few people who got injured for stopping for what they thought were unmarled police cars with blues on the dash it was talked about quite extensively on the news.
You will also be given the opportunity to test out those new stretchy handcuffs, AND explain to the judge why you didn't stop.

Old 07-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Fromthefarm
5th Gear

If you slow down acknowlage they are following you. You can go to a service station or other place with other people around. Most departments can clock you from an unmarked unit but in NE it has to be a marked unit to stop you.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:50 PM
silverbullet2006
Cruiser

You try that in florida and they will shoot you

Old 07-04-2007, 06:11 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

ORIGINAL: vertigoenigma

Not good advice, at least for Va residents. The law says you will stop for lights and then a siren. It says nothing about the car having to be marked. You had better be able to articulate a good story for why you didn't stop.......That is after you get up off the ground or get the gun barrel out of your ear.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:11 AM
ETMegabyte
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: silverbullet2006

You try that in florida and they will shoot you
Uh, yeah. If you insist.

Whether you are on a motorcycle or in a car, anywhere in the USA, you have the option of acknowledging to the officer that you are aware you are being pulled over, and can continue at the speed limit to the nearest service station or place where other people are present. Usually acknowledgement is done by putting on your 4-way flashers or something similar to let the cop know you saw him and intend to actually pull over at some point.

This is federal (country-wide), and is intended to be a means of a person being pulled over to feel safe while that happens. While you are right, and a cop may be annoyed if you exercise this right, there is nothing he can do, and if he tries, explaining to a judge that you acknowledged the officer and pulled into the first place where you felt comfortable being pulled over, there is no way that you'll get in trouble.

ORIGINAL: 128auto

he asked if I want a $200 speeding ticket or friendly reminder
$200 for 10mph over the limit?! Huh? Apparently things are very different in BC. Here, if a cop even bothers to pull you over for 10 over, and you have a real attitude towards him, the worst you'll get is a $57.60 (5-10mph over) or an $86.40 (11-15 over) speeding ticket!

ORIGINAL: 128auto
the only thing I worry about is my side mounted license plate, that's $140 ticket right there
Apparently things are VERY different in BC. Here, you can mount your license plate any way you wish, as long as there is a light to light it up at night...

Old 07-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Buda
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a cop tell me a couple weeks ago that he pulled me over because he could tell I was a new rider and was stopped for an improper stop. The light turned yellow and I stopped abruptly instead of going through. People around here like to jump the green light and I was not about to go through the yellow. Any way I asked him if he rode and he said no, so I guess that makes him an expert on bikes. I didnt get a ticket because he ran out and didn't have any left. I just said it was called karma, I didn't deserve a ticket therefore he had none to give out the universe always works it out .ha ha ha. He didn't like that response too much and presumed to give me another 10 minute lecture on how to ride and that he would be watching for me. I said fine that makes you and three or four others I'll just add you to the watch list.

"I passed him and keep riding at normal speed, he pulled over and stopped me, he said if he didn't flash the high beam, I have been dead already" I love cops who assume you didn't see the truck. Talk about being arrogant jerk.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:26 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Lemme see it I have this right: The Cop flashes his lights, to draw attention to what he perceived to be an impending hazardous situation to a motorcyclist. And that makes him an arrogant jerk?

Let's, for arguments sake say he just sat and watched while the motorcycle hit the truck. Would (in your book) then make him an accesory to a battery?

Old 07-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Buda
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like he could of distracted the motorcylist too me. Like a back seat driver.

Besides I read it AS HIM BEING PULLED OVER FOR SPEEDING THEN BEING TOLD HIS LIFE WAS SAVED BY THE COP FLASHING HIS LIGHTS. So yea that,s my opinion. is that ok ?

Quick Reply: Got pull over last night, lucky me