Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pretty much have given up on Burley Brand

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 12:58 PM
whylee
Road Warrior
Received 343 Likes on 244 Posts
Default Pretty much have given up on Burley Brand

For those that remember, I have been going around with these guys for 3 months over a throttle Idle cable. And so far have gotten no where with them. So far The only things they have said is that its out of their control and I can buy a cable some where else if I need it. Thats fine, but then it would not match my other cable as far as color and the rubber boot. Plus I already paid them for the correct cable.
Their customer service although polite, is not there to help fix a issue with their own products.

Old 02-12-2019, 01:34 PM
John Harper
HDF Community Team
Received 1,645 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Originally Posted by whylee
For those that remember, I have been going around with these guys for 3 months over a throttle Idle cable. And so far have gotten no where with them. So far The only things they have said is that its out of their control and I can buy a cable some where else if I need it. Thats fine, but then it would not match my other cable as far as color and the rubber boot. Plus I already paid them for the correct cable.
Their customer service although polite, is not there to help fix a issue with their own products.
I'd send both cables back, request a refund (immediate!), and buy a set of Barnett cables. Or, can you just go with the single throttle cable? That idle cable is pretty much useless anyway. Sorry to hear you still have this issue.

John

Old 02-12-2019, 02:03 PM
whylee
Road Warrior

They pretty much told me the only options I have is to wait on them, or buy another cable somewhere else. I wish I lived closer to them.

Old 02-12-2019, 03:34 PM
John Harper
HDF Community Team

Customer service can be frustrating. I bought a couple toner cartridges on Amazon recently. I put one in my printer, and it worked fine, just made a strange noise. When I rated the vendor, I mentioned this. Wow, I got several emails from the vendor wanting to make things right. They even sent me two new toner cartridges to make me happy. I really did not even request a replacement cartridge. But, the vendor was really concerned because I did not give them 5 stars. I changed my review after they sent me two new cartridges. I now have three spares plus the original (which no longer makes noise, go figure). Maybe buying from Amazon isn't so bad after all. It seems the power of "rating" your purchases is pretty strong. Too bad there isn't some way to "educate" the folks at Burly about customer satisfaction.

John

Old 02-12-2019, 04:40 PM
whylee
Road Warrior

Trying to reason with themgoes nowhere.seeing that the cable I need is about 41 inch's long, I asked if they could just get something close to that. I was told that they have piles of cables, and they dont have the time to measure them. Now I see how I got the wrong one to begin with.

Old 02-13-2019, 04:38 PM
whylee
Road Warrior

Just to be fair, Burley did call today and said they were shipping out a cable today. I sure hope this is the end of this ordeal.

Old 02-13-2019, 06:30 PM
John Harper
HDF Community Team

Congratulations in advance! I hope they get it right for you.

John

Old 02-19-2019, 07:55 PM
whylee
Road Warrior

Now im done, wrong cable again. Just put my bike back together with just the throttle pull cable for now.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:59 PM
Zateeva
Road Captain
Received 184 Likes on 148 Posts

damn......k, sell those.......get some correct measurements and order some Magnums now

same thing ive read about burly kits......avoid them, i do like my sissy bar, but didnt order from them

The following users liked this post:
Magnum Shielding (02-20-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 08:57 PM
whylee
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Zateeva
damn......k, sell those.......get some correct measurements and order some Magnums now

same thing ive read about burly kits......avoid them, i do like my sissy bar, but didnt order from them
Thats the bad part, I have told them the correct length numerous times and they just cant even get close. Going to check out the Magnums now.

The following users liked this post:
Magnum Shielding (02-20-2019)

Quick Reply: Pretty much have given up on Burley Brand