Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

had some girl pull out in front of me

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:30 AM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: had some girl pull out in front of me

I had one the other day, the wheels on her car are rolling so I know what she's thinking (she did stop at the last minute)... I thought to myself "Don't you f*#&*ing do it", and her apparently pyschic boyfriend yells out the window at me..."Shut the hell up".

I bout fell off the scooter I was laughing so hard. I have to agree.. you sure can't fix stupid.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:02 PM
smudge
Tourer

Sometimes it can be downright funny! I had a girl pull out in front of me, locked the brakes and blew the horn. Of course she is totally oblivious (aren't they all?) but boyfriend in passenger seat.....He went absolutely ape! Screaming obscenities, shaking his fist, flipping me off and literally climbing into the back seat to carry on! The best thing to do to these morons is just grin and wave, it drives them nuts! Had an old guy do something similar, pull out and slow down right in front of me. Well of course I just had to pass him and then drop down to 10 mph. I thought he was going to have a stroke, screaming, blowing horn, flashing lights. Just mind they don't ram you! Keep that throttle covered and ready to blast off. Had to warn the old lady not to retaliate in any way while on the back, she used to flip 'em off. She sez "How come you do it, then?" Because I'm aware that if I do it, I 'm aware that the other guy might act up. I don't need my passenger p***ing drivers off if I'm not aware of it. Sometimes, tho, you do want to pull of somebody's head and spit down the neck. Best just to get the hell away from them and hope the next time they do it, there's a semi coming.

Old 08-20-2007, 12:32 PM
lilredchic
Tourer

Its sooooo much easier to blame someone else then admit you are wrong. it sucks but unfortunately its human nature. I think thats why they are making cell phones so small now. So they will fit in the *** with the head easier. Glad u r ok though.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:40 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know it does not feel good but you did the right thing driving away. I had a guy in my neighborhood run a stop sign and pull out in front of me. i honked and shut teh bike down if he had not gave his car the gas i would hit in. i looked at him and he flipped me off.
he knows he was wrong and never looks my way when i see him. states are coming up with laws to deal with road rage everywhere hope they enforce them.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Z_Stingray
Tourer

Oh, I thought this was a word scramble.

....had some girl pull out in front of me

becomes.....

pull out of some girl me had in front

Old 08-20-2007, 03:50 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: lilredchic

Its sooooo much easier to blame someone else then admit you are wrong. it sucks but unfortunately its human nature. I think thats why they are making cell phones so small now. So they will fit in the *** with the head easier. Glad u r ok though.
Naw, mine was at a stop sign, and I was about a half a block from entering the intersection. If she had pulled out she would have also nailed the big Ford Pickup coming at me.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:56 PM
StargazerXT12
Road Warrior

I'm usually not one to keep my mouth shut, unless I'm on the bike. But when I'm in the car, I just usually throw them a kiss and give them the OK sign. One actually pulled up next to me at a stop light and flipped me off, so I asked if he was serious cuz I could sure use a good piece. Apparently he wasn't serious.

Old 08-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Buda
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After tlb's post I forgot what I was going to say. All I can think of is that nice piece of tail on your bike. Dam it

Old 08-20-2007, 04:43 PM
SportsterDude
Cruiser

[:@]I can promise the idiots I last had a run in with will not follow anyone again.They ran a stop sign in front of me,I was lucky and went around them with Drag Pipes screaming.SUV with 4 late teens in it..get to next stop sign they come around me blairing horn and flipping me off..even hanging out window yelling obcenities.I just laughed at them..thats when they stopped..backed up and blocked the two lanes.Normally I'd just turn around and go back the other way to avoid the confrontation..especially with kids but,my adrenaline was pumping and I acted out.Turned off the Bike..waited at stop sign while they walked back to me (about 35') talking S**t. When they were within 15' I drew my Colt Delta 10mm (I'm an ex Federal Cop)..had them all on the concrete in the roadway .Local PD showed up in short order and carted 3 of the 4 off to jail for everything from disorderly conduct to outstanding tickets.
For those of you who dont know..this is a good example of how to NOT handle things.If I'd been forced to shoot one of those kids,even in Texas ,it would have cost me a fortune in Lawyer fees..not to mention my conscience.
There are idiots everywhere..and they drive cars.What can you do?? Expect them to act crazy and drive as defensively as you can.Going into a rage yourself is'nt the answer..it only escalates things and could land you in a situation your not ready for.We hear about drivers shooting at each other all the time..how bullet-proof is your Motorcycle?? Mine is'nt very..so..its good to keep in mind that you cannot ram them and win..nor shoot and ride at the same time.Let it go..and let the Semi that they pull out in front of next time be your vendicator. Fair Winds>>David

Old 08-20-2007, 04:50 PM
evilscotsman
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It won't be the last time, gotta keep your gaurd up. You did well avoiding this one, just pray you'll avoid the next one as well. I know I pay a lot more attention to bikes now when I'm in a car driving. I don't want to be another one of those a$$holes you had your encounter with.

Quick Reply: had some girl pull out in front of me