Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF!! Harley is taking my Bike (update #2)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Road Head
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF!! Harley is taking my Bike (update #2)

Man I'm angry! My sporty is repaired and sitting at the shop waiting to be picked up and I get a call from Harley finance saying I can't have it and need to pay it off in full ASAP![:@]

They said my insurance company fawked up by letting me buy it back salvaged and repairing it. HD finance said they'd review my case, but most likely I'm out my downpayment and my bike with no means to get another.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:37 PM
kawsakimx6
Road Warrior
Default RE: WTF!! Harley is taking my Bike

wait, what? so you are fawked?

Old 08-29-2007, 03:45 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Call HD finance, they probably only need to get confirmation that the bike is covered by another insurance co. If so get on-line to any ins. company thats "for the time being" cheap and will re-insure it. Try Geico, they suck but they are cheap and quick to get you coverage. That may get HD finance off your back and get the bike released.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:51 PM
jterp
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Road Head

Man I'm angry! My sporty is repaired and sitting at the shop waiting to be picked up and I get a call from Harley finance saying I can't have it and need to pay it off in full ASAP![:@]

They said my insurance company fawked up by letting me buy it back salvaged and repairing it. HD finance said they'd review my case, but most likely I'm out my downpayment and my bike with no means to get another.
say what? What actually happened ? Did the insurance company total the bike? If so they should have cut a check to the finance company and paid off the loan and given you the difference if there was any.

If they then sold you the salvage title bike, you would have to get new financing or pay in cash. Your original loan can't transfer to a salvaged bike.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:51 PM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Harley will want the bike paid off now because of the salvaged title, this is to protect themself because if you default on the loan and they have to repo the bike the salvaged title makes it worthless to them. That is why when my Sportster was totaled I never considered fixing it, I took the insurance money that was left over after they paid it off and put it down on a Dyna.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:57 PM
kawsakimx6
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: davidc

Harley will want the bike paid off now because of the salvaged title, this is to protect themself because if you default on the loan and they have to repo the bike the salvaged title makes it worthless to them. That is why when my Sportster was totaled I never considered fixing it, I took the insurance money that was left over after they paid it off and put it down on a Dyna.
this is exactly what i would do

Old 08-29-2007, 04:00 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Umm I have a new bike financed and I have insurance & gap so what's left not paid from a crash or stolen the bike will be completely paid off and they pay my down for a new 1. So how did you buy the bike from the insurance company after it was wrecked? Cash I would imagine? The insurance company should have paid Harley off and that bike you paid cash for would be yours free & clear if I'm on the right track?

Old 08-29-2007, 04:04 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

RoadHead, have you talked to Jason about this? He might or might not be able to help, but he can probably give ya some 411. I'd say the "quick" insurance route might be good. The original insurance co should have paid off the loan when they "totaled" the bike. Sounds like you may need an attorney. Geeze I hate those people, they're almost as bad as the accountants that cause this type of problem.

Old 08-29-2007, 04:17 PM
kawsakimx6
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: twisty571

Umm I have a new bike financed and I have insurance & gap so what's left not paid from a crash or stolen the bike will be completely paid off and they pay my down for a new 1. So how did you buy the bike from the insurance company after it was wrecked? Cash I would imagine? The insurance company should have paid Harley off and that bike you paid cash for would be yours free & clear if I'm on the right track?
I did not get the gap, because when i drove it off the lot (on a trailer) it was already worth more then what i owed

Old 08-29-2007, 04:26 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: kawsakimx6

ORIGINAL: twisty571

I did not get the gap, because when i drove it off the lot (on a trailer) it was already worth more then what i owed
Well see what happen' was this: I drove 1600 miles to pick up my 89' I bought cash off eBay and left with a brand new 1 to & since I spent my loot on the 89' I didn't have loot to drop down,which the dealer was happy to oblige me with that [8D]

Quick Reply: WTF!! Harley is taking my Bike (update #2)