Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportster...Real Bike ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Tegne
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sportster...Real Bike ???

I was out with the Singapore HOG a couple of weeks ago. We were doing a charity ride to a couple of childrens homes. When the kids came to check out the bikes, my Sporty got most of the attention. With the V&H straighshot slip-ons, it sounds like a freakin' hot rod and looks like a classic bike should. And, as all Sporty riders know, these thingsaccellerate like sh*t off a shovel,so all in all ... do you think that I give a crap what other people think? Nope. I'm happy.

Old 11-05-2007, 07:46 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love my sporty, it makes me smile everytime i ride it

Old 11-05-2007, 07:48 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member

makes me smile so much i got a black windshield for it

Old 11-05-2007, 07:55 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Maybe the black windshield can hide your face so no one will know it's you riding it. If not then you can twist that throttle andno one will be able to catch a glimpse of you as yourace by.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:11 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member

It does go pretty fast[8D] I hear Sportsters go pretty fast too

Old 11-05-2007, 08:39 PM
McNighster
5th Gear

I have had seven of the full size bikes, as well as an 883 back in the day. I now ridea Nighster. And yes I get the usual comments from some guys I know that it's a B**tches bike. But as the miles roll across the odo on my new ride I remind them they own butt jewelry that rarely sees more than 500 miles a year unless you want to count the one it rolls on the trailer to Daytona to be put on static display.

I used to ride cross country. I now prefer the back roads, exploring left and right turns I have never taken before to see what I've never seen before...often within miles of my home. The Sporty is light and nimble not cumbersome through the curves. The riding position seems more normal to someone who is several branches removed from the oragaungatans in thier family tree. Among the non-hard-core, riders of others makes and non-riders my bike never fails to draw enthusiastic praise for it's simplicity, styling and old-school look. I will say if I planned to ride to Sturgis I would get a full size. The Sporty is more about riding than trying to pull off a 1000 mile day. (Yes, I am sure some of you have done it on a Sporty...I congratulate your chiroprator.)

At the end of the day while the engine is ticking as it cools down, it's my motorcycle and I love it. I could give a rats rearend what someone else thinks of it or if they think I am less a man because I ride a Sporty. The measure of a man is in his deeds not his scoot. If I am founding lacking in that department it isn't beause of that beautiful black motorcycle in my garage. Buying a Fat Boy wouldn't fix the problem. It would just cost me a ton of cash I just used to buy a black and gold 76 Trans Am. Don't tell me what to buy until you are willing to pay for it. Most of you have probably seen the T-shirts that read "I own a Harley, not just a T-shirt" and "If you can read this the B**ch fell off" I'd like to propose a new T-shirt. "If you can read this I'm out riding not polishing my butt jewelry in the garage."

Matt

Old 11-05-2007, 08:53 PM
One_Lost_Hippie
Cruiser

I indeed respect all ofthe input, this was not a slam on any sporty rider as my OL enjoys the hell out of hers, and during her time of decision making on getting this, I kept telling her, Get what you are comfortable on and to hell with others hangups.
As I said this bike is a little lightning bolt, I like it myself....just trying to show her, that the ride she has is respected by others just as much as rejected by others.....Thanks for the help.......Respect OLH

Old 11-05-2007, 09:00 PM
AKsavage
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Matt you get T-tops and a 6.6L engine or the 4.2 turbo? Great lookin' cars.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:12 PM
Dorkman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: KeithB

I love my sporty, it makes me smile everytime i ride it

You are a chit disturber...

Old 11-05-2007, 09:15 PM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: McNighster

I have had seven of the full size bikes, as well as an 883 back in the day. I now ridea Nighster. And yes I get the usual comments from some guys I know that it's a B**tches bike. But as the miles roll across the odo on my new ride I remind them they own butt jewelry that rarely sees more than 500 miles a year unless you want to count the one it rolls on the trailer to Daytona to be put on static display.

I used to ride cross country. I now prefer the back roads, exploring left and right turns I have never taken before to see what I've never seen before...often within miles of my home. The Sporty is light and nimble not cumbersome through the curves. The riding position seems more normal to someone who is several branches removed from the oragaungatans in thier family tree. Among the non-hard-core, riders of others makes and non-riders my bike never fails to draw enthusiastic praise for it's simplicity, styling and old-school look. I will say if I planned to ride to Sturgis I would get a full size. The Sporty is more about riding than trying to pull off a 1000 mile day. (Yes, I am sure some of you have done it on a Sporty...I congratulate your chiroprator.)

At the end of the day while the engine is ticking as it cools down, it's my motorcycle and I love it. I could give a rats rearend what someone else thinks of it or if they think I am less a man because I ride a Sporty. The measure of a man is in his deeds not his scoot. If I am founding lacking in that department it isn't beause of that beautiful black motorcycle in my garage. Buying a Fat Boy wouldn't fix the problem. It would just cost me a ton of cash I just used to buy a black and gold 76 Trans Am. Don't tell me what to buy until you are willing to pay for it. Most of you have probably seen the T-shirts that read "I own a Harley, not just a T-shirt" and "If you can read this the B**ch fell off" I'd like to propose a new T-shirt. "If you can read this I'm out riding not polishing my butt jewelry in the garage."

Matt
I miss my 77' Blue & Gold 6.6L[&:]4 more years and I get my hot rod,bikes,house & new truck paid off

Quick Reply: Sportster...Real Bike ???