Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

240 on a sporty

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 03:46 AM
Xocjm
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 240 on a sporty

I gotta get some opinions. My wife just bought an 883, and is open to me putting a fat tire on it. (I'm getting more of a bug to customize hers before I do my new Softail) Hear is the webpage for a company that has a bada$$ kit. Let me know your opinions. Michael www.cas4.com/Wide-Tire/230-xl-kit-03.htm

Old 04-17-2006, 04:08 AM
skullcrusher
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 240 on a sporty

Wow, well that looks great. I have an 04 and i like how the tires wider then the older ones. But would love to have a fatter tire. If i could affrod it i would. Ive seen kits, and they costed more then the one you linked. Id go for it!

Old 04-17-2006, 11:09 AM
NEW2HD
Cruiser

There is one on ebay that has one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chopp...QQcmdZViewItem

Very nice. Not that I could afford it, but what do you think the cost of install would be minus painting the fender?

Old 04-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Thorey
Intermediate

Go for it if you got the $$$. I had mine done at $7K. Done by Cenzi Motorcycle Company of Spencerport, NY. Rides and Handles real nice much better than the factory rear stock tire at 130mm. I would recommend anyone having it done if they wanted to.

Old 04-18-2006, 06:47 AM
deadskull
Cruiser

i know my opinion isnt worth a damn, but it just doesnt quite fit the look of the bike, its almost cartoonish on the back of a sporty. if anything, id maybe go up to a 180 or 200 series, thats it. a 240 is a large tire with a short profile on the side, it just doesnt flow with the rest of the bike. if the front end was kicked out a little or maybe with a 19" wheel up front it may look a little better, but it just doesnt look right to me. bike has to have a flow from front to back...besides, too big tires on the back are becoming yesterdays news, its almost becoming over done. i can see the benifits, ive heard it does make some difference in handling, but, anyway, as i said, its just MY opinion. but you are looking for others to chime in, so here ya go...[:'(]

Old 04-19-2006, 12:32 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

my indy has one done in his shop, bunch of cuttin and welding had to be done. not much of a diy kit. bike looks good tho!

Old 04-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Thorey
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: deadskull

i know my opinion isnt worth a damn, but it just doesnt quite fit the look of the bike, its almost cartoonish on the back of a sporty. if anything, id maybe go up to a 180 or 200 series, thats it. a 240 is a large tire with a short profile on the side, it just doesnt flow with the rest of the bike. if the front end was kicked out a little or maybe with a 19" wheel up front it may look a little better, but it just doesnt look right to me. bike has to have a flow from front to back...besides, too big tires on the back are becoming yesterdays news, its almost becoming over done. i can see the benifits, ive heard it does make some difference in handling, but, anyway, as i said, its just MY opinion. but you are looking for others to chime in, so here ya go...[:'(]
Yes, You are entitled to your own opinion on this issue, but once you see my bike...You'll drool all over it. I've took it to several bike shows and Laconia Bike Week. I got alot of remarks including women asking their husbands that they wanted to purchase my bike right on the spot.

I've perfected the profile with the help of Tony Cenzi. We both have put alot of thoughts and brainstorming on what accessories to put them on. Now, It looks like a Sporty Dragster. I'm absolutely sorry to say that I do not know how to post pixs here as I've tried it before. If you gimme your home email addy then I'd be more than happy to send them to you.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:33 PM
HaggisMan14
Cruiser

go to www.webshots.com create an account, and upload your pics. Then just take a link from the gallery and post it here...that's how i do it.

Marc

Old 04-20-2006, 02:16 AM
DraftDancer
6th Gear

"if anything, id maybe go up to a 180 or 200 series, thats it. a 240 is a large tire with a short profile on the side, it just doesnt flow with the rest of the bike."

Any links to what would be needed to put a 200 series or a 180 series tire on the back? Any photos of this? I checked that first link and that tire is wider than what I would want on a Sporster.

Old 04-20-2006, 04:37 AM
deadskull
Cruiser

heres a couple links, this forst one sells a larger swingarm http://www.juniormotorcycle.com/2/pa...l#fenderstruts ...heres another http://www.cas4.com/XL-Custom-Parts/XLWT218/xlwt218.htm ...http://www.chopperscycle.com/page/VTS/PROD/46-132/10892 ...a couple more to consider, i have to find the pics i saw of a sporty with a 200 tire, it just looked right.

Quick Reply: 240 on a sporty