Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster bar clamp with indicator lights and NO speedo mount...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 09:57 PM
rayny1014
Road Captain
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mreed
I made some & powdercoated them. Pretty simple.

I tried the angle first but it sticks the bottom part of the light bezel out & looks pretty funky hanging out there like that. You can see it very well flat like the one I made & the ones Fisboy sells. Joker Machine also makes a very cool all-in-one deal. You can also pop off the cover in your visor & pop in a light bar from a Dyna. It's already ovaled for it.

If the angle is an absolute must for you try a very short pair of pull back risers. That will angle the whole top clamp the the Fishboy lights will be pointed more at you much like the Anniversary edition top clamps.

I cannot sell them because I'm not a site sponsor but I'd be happy to help you make your own.
can you pm on how to make one?

Old 12-29-2011, 09:08 PM
rayny1014
Road Captain
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

can you help?

Old 12-29-2011, 09:14 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I used 11 gauge plate and it's sandwiched between the risers through the front 2 bolts. All you have to do is cut out the hole for your indicator lights, drill the holes for the riser bolts then shape it as desired.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:35 PM
almiami
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking for a top clamp that will hold the light for an iron

Old 03-11-2012, 04:37 PM
almiami
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bmxatv
why do you need it tilted bro. i also have the fish clamp and i can see the lights just fine.
what do you have on?

Old 03-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Scirocco
Intermediate

If you search my name my intro thread I have a pic of mine that i cut off my speedo ring it came out really well just used a cut-off wheel and some 36 grit sticky sandpaper I put on a table to get it nice and flat. Then just scuffed it up with A scotchbrite pad then painted it.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Jon Little
Stage I
Default Harley-Davidson Sportster Nightster Iron Speedo less Handlebar Clamp

Mr Reed, What you have done there is perfect for what Im looking to do to my nightster in the speedo relocation Im attempting on my own with out any resources. How do I do that to my nightster speedo clamp as a addition?

Please Help.

R/

Little Jon

Originally Posted by mreed
I made some & powdercoated them. Pretty simple.

I tried the angle first but it sticks the bottom part of the light bezel out & looks pretty funky hanging out there like that. You can see it very well flat like the one I made & the ones Fisboy sells. Joker Machine also makes a very cool all-in-one deal. You can also pop off the cover in your visor & pop in a light bar from a Dyna. It's already ovaled for it.

If the angle is an absolute must for you try a very short pair of pull back risers. That will angle the whole top clamp the the Fishboy lights will be pointed more at you much like the Anniversary edition top clamps.

I cannot sell them because I'm not a site sponsor but I'd be happy to help you make your own.

Old 04-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Aslow
Advanced

I took an angle grinder to my nightster's speedo clamp and used JB weld to fill in where it was all hacked up. I had my doubts - was like really? JB Weld? But what else was I going to do with my useless stock Speedo clamp? It was worth a try. I'm really surprised at how well it came out. I filled it in, let it dry, ground it down with the grinder and fine tuned it with some sand paper. I had to reapply the JB weld to fill in a couple spots. After sanding it down and painting it, it looks great.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:04 PM
KOBRA883
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow of great ideas.. I'm probably going to mod my stock clamp as well

Old 04-02-2012, 07:27 PM
blindrocket
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OH man, that gets me all excited. ME WANT. Too bad I have no skills to do something like this on my own.

Quick Reply: Nightster bar clamp with indicator lights and NO speedo mount...?