Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

superbrace & big thanks

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:50 AM
marker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks NI-STER!

Great info, cheers! Looks like time for the credit card to take a hit... any advice on best place to buy? Superbrace itself or is there a cheaper way?

Thanks again

Cheers
Mark

Old 03-13-2010, 10:55 AM
hungoverdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't seen anywhere in the UK that sells the Superbrace...esxpensive for what it is if you ask me, but I still want one. Gonna do the 1200 conversion first though!

Old 03-13-2010, 11:03 AM
hungoverdog
Tourer

Originally Posted by marker
Hi hungover

Standard stuff - Front 100/90-19 57H , Rear 150/80B16 77H. Good rubber - felt really secure first time I took 'em out before Christmas but the ice and snow seems to have knocked 7 bells out of the road surfacing since and while the rubber still feels grippy, the front feels like it's always being nudged sideways by the road ripples - that's why I'm considering a brace. I can afford either the brace or a pair of Hagon shox for now - which do you reckon will make the ride feel more planted?

Where are you in Blighty then?
I was thinking about going a size up on the front and rear when I get round to doing the tyres...that might help too with getting stuck in ridges in the road.
If you're problem is the front tyre getting grief then the Hagon shocks probably wont help that much in that area. So go for the brace first I reckon.
I have progressive springs in my front and Road King shocks on the back and I'm quite happy in terms of that, no more bottoming out, I was quite surprised considering how skinny I am that it bottomed out so much!

I'm from London (well I live there) and the roads are ripped to shreds! You?

Old 03-13-2010, 11:18 AM
marker
Intermediate

Preston, Lancashire - roads = crappy. Plus. in Spring we have the joy of muckspreading - so last Sunday I'm bombing up a hill, lovely clear dry road, sun right in my eyes so everything's in b&w, up to one of my favourite r h sweepers - and thought "road looks weird - SLOW DOWN" just in time to go into the bend and lots of little patches of skiddy pigpoo dropped by Farmer John going too fast round the same bend. Kept her up, but not good for the nerves!

Our van drivers can't fill up with diesel properly either (

Old 03-13-2010, 11:36 AM
hungoverdog
Tourer

Preston, Lancashire - roads = crappy. Plus. in Spring we have the joy of muckspreading - so last Sunday I'm bombing up a hill, lovely clear dry road, sun right in my eyes so everything's in b&w, up to one of my favourite r h sweepers - and thought "road looks weird - SLOW DOWN" just in time to go into the bend and lots of little patches of skiddy pigpoo dropped by Farmer John going too fast round the same bend. Kept her up, but not good for the nerves!

Our van drivers can't fill up with diesel properly either (
I'm sure you don't have to go far for some nice twisties though! I'm from suffolk originally and remember muck spreading season! Not nice!

Old 03-13-2010, 01:42 PM
NI-STER
Cruiser

Search Superbrace dealers international. Several listings for the UK

Last edited by NI-STER; 03-13-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Dragan
Tourer

A superbrace with absolutely make your bike feel more planted and tighten up the front end skipping around on tar snakes. The is a noticeable improvement in tracking and "road feel"; the bike runs straight, no wiggles unless you deliberately induce them. $$$ but worth it

Old 03-13-2010, 04:26 PM
marker
Intermediate
Default Thanks!

Hey guys, thanks for the input - ordered my brace this afternoon! Will update you once it's fitted.

Thanks again

Ciao
Marker

Old 03-15-2010, 03:50 AM
hungoverdog
Tourer

Hey guys, thanks for the input - ordered my brace this afternoon! Will update you once it's fitted.

Thanks again

Ciao
Marker
Marker, where did you find them? I get paid this week woop!

Old 03-15-2010, 08:59 AM
WJKramer
Advanced

Just ordered one for my N. This thing better work miracles for $200!

Quick Reply: superbrace & big thanks