Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

superbrace & big thanks

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 05:30 PM
marker
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somewhere out there...

... is my new brace, can't wait! Hungover, ordered it online from Superbrace in the US, they have a cool and useful website where the webshop actually seems to work... but I'll confirm when I'm actually holding the thing!

Happy riding

Ciao for now

Old 03-20-2010, 11:43 PM
pugster
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there are some forkbraces in jp cycles or dennis kirk and drag specialties. black for 124 dollars made by crossroads . i have on my nighty made good improvment.

Old 03-23-2010, 11:52 AM
NI-STER
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pugster
there are some forkbraces in jp cycles or dennis kirk and drag specialties. black for 124 dollars made by crossroads . i have on my nighty made good improvment.
Had a look @ those. 5 pieces as opposed to 2. More to loosen up.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:48 PM
SuperBrace
Banned

J & P does carry SuperBraces and here's the link: http://www.jpcycles.com/search/searc...ement_search=1.

Thanks for the supoort of an American manufacturer,

Old 04-01-2010, 05:59 PM
marker
Intermediate
Default God bless the Post Office... maybe not...

Like I said. ordered my brace 2 weeks ago - still no show so called Superbrace. Great guy there tracked the order and gave me the special USPS tracking number - turns out some dweeb tried to deliver to the office at 8:45 pm last night. Do I LOOK like I work until 9pm?!!

Anyway, the USPS tracking number apparently means I can walk into my post office on Saturday with the tracking printout and they should gimme my brace. Either that or I start trashing the place...

And Superbrace are really cool guys to call if you need to, very helpful even to a Brit like me... but I guess being Hog trumps being Brit, right?

Will come back once it's fitted with an update - can't wait!

Ciao 4 now

Old 04-08-2010, 05:06 PM
marker
Intermediate
Default Brace update...

Finally, got the brace. Or at least got a letter telling me I could have the brace if I paid Her Majesty's Customs and Excise another GBP 24 in VAT, and GBP 8 in "handling"... why the hell do we vote for these people?

Anyway, paid the £££ and now have a brown cardboad box I'll get to this weekend (I hope) - once done I'll update you good people!

Happy haulin

Marker

Old 04-08-2010, 11:18 PM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dragan
you can install it without loosening the pinch bolts; it will appear too small when you do it though. It snugs up fine, but if you unload the front end with a jack, or loosen the pinch bolts. it slides right into place. Makes you realize how much flex there actually is on a sporty. BTW, it is the single best handling improvement I've made, no question. Really dials in the handling, better cross-wind control, etc.
Didn't loosen the pinch bolts on mine either, just put it on and torqued it down to spec with some loc-tite.

Works great.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:25 AM
hungoverdog
Tourer
Cool

Just found one on ebay for £100, thats about $150, should get it today! which is pretty good considering I'd have to pay for shipping etc from the states! will let you know how I get on with fitting it.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:08 AM
hungoverdog
Tourer

Just received the superbrace!! Will fit it this weekend, see if I can get it on without loosening the pinch bolts

Old 04-12-2010, 04:17 AM
hungoverdog
Tourer

Well I fitted the suprebrace this weekend, slotted right on! I did at a friends house and rode home afterwards, took about an hour to get home. I defnitly felt a change in the bike, just more solid!

So anyone thinking about doing this then all I can say is DO IT!

Quick Reply: superbrace & big thanks