Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody runnin Nash Pudgy Grit 14" Apes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 10:46 PM
twitchy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody runnin Nash Pudgy Grit 14" Apes?

Thinkin about running those on my iron 883. Look good but damn they're expensive! Maybe if I see someone on here with an iron and those bars I'll get motivated to drop the coin.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:48 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

nash **** aint cheap but they make some quality parts. take a look at the pics on there site, you might find something.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:25 PM
twitchy
Advanced

Sick bike BMX. looks like you're runnin the nash bars. I think I'm gonna pull out the bender and the welder and build my own.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:51 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

thanks dude! just don't cut any corners and take your time. if your bars fail going down the road it won't be pretty. i'm curious to see what you come up with though dude. post some pics if you start bending that metal!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:05 AM
twitchy
Advanced

Got lazy and ordered some Nash 12" grit hangers. I'm thinkin the stock throttle cables should be ok. WHat brake line should I use? Clutch cable?

Old 07-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Pixiechitos
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BUMP!

Nash just mailed me. My 14" Pudgy Grits drilled and prepped with my internal sticky throttle and red grips are shipping this week!!!

Watch this space!

Old 07-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Pixiechitos
Road Warrior
Talking Pudgies are here!

Exactly 6 weeks after my payment was received, I got these yesterday (to South Africa no less).

Awesome craftsmanship, quite heavy. Drilled and prepped for the sticky throttle.

These are the 14" Pudgy Grits.

Just waiting to hear from the stealer on the turn signal relocate (otherwise they'll have to re-wire when I do it).

The guys at Nash respond very fast sometimes and sometimes not at all, but the bars are tops and I'd recommend Nash anytime

Old 07-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Flatlander
Road Warrior

Gonna look good. why you waiting on the stealer for turn signal relocate? Other manufacturers make them that are cheaper and IMO better looking. And you can definately do that mod yourself.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Had the 14" narrow based grits on my Iron and loved them.Quality bars no doubt,Expensive no doubt.Ordered mine from Taber Nash over the phone seems like a great guy but the bars took twice as long to get as they said and were not good at returning emails and phone calls.But worth the wait IMHO.The bars do slip in the clamps though because of the lack of knurling.PM me your email address and I can shoot some good pics your way.Dont know how to post pics on the forum sorry.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:45 AM
Pixiechitos
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Flatlander
Gonna look good. why you waiting on the stealer for turn signal relocate? Other manufacturers make them that are cheaper and IMO better looking. And you can definately do that mod yourself.
thanks Flatlander

Out here in the bush we don't have much in terms of aftermarket. I want to get the bars fitted ASAP (going on a road trip) so I just need the relocation before they mount the bars. I can always get something else later. I presume its just the stems, right?

Me have no tools whatsoever so I don't know...with the locktite and all it'll be blisters with my ***** tools.

Trying to remove the sissybar and luggage rack was a nightmare, not to mention the tank and fenders (i.e. The stealer did it).

Only things I've managed were the timer cover and the fork cleanup

Pics will follow soonish

Quick Reply: Anybody runnin Nash Pudgy Grit 14" Apes?