Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 & up spring seat mount for 10 bucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 05:59 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftharder
Sweet job - love the retro look - I wanted to buy the HD kit but it does`nt work on the 2008 - for some dumb reason it works on the 04-07 and 2010 but not the 2008.
No, it works on yours. It's just that the 04-06 does not have an ECM at all and the 2010 & up have the ecm located behind the rear cylinder.

You'll just need to move it as we all have done.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:10 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks! But I haven't though about making & selling them. As with anything else, all bikes (even same year/model) have small differences that make a universal piece tricky sometimes. That's why I think that "fits all models" parts look kind of generic because they've tried to design the small difference factor out of it. The pieces I make are for the specific bike that they are being made for.

I would definitely make & install the parts though. But please don't mistake this for an advertisement. Honestly, I'd rather work on my own bikes.

Here's a pic of it outside.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Moustache
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meh it was worth a try, and your right, universal stuff almost never fits how it is supposed to. You do good work man, guess i'll just have to learn to weld.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Austen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

this is exactly what i did on my bike! i used hairpin springs instead tho.

what did u do to cover up the hole in the fender? i bought a nice piece of leather and cut and formed it to fit over the hole. it looks really nice! im still able to use my butty buddy pad on the fender. i just used the front screw on the rear fender as an anchor for the pad.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Grammaton
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You do good work, man. Problem is you showed us pictures. Now everyone is going to try and fill your pockets with cash as they try to get a kit from you.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:05 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Austen
this is exactly what i did on my bike! i used hairpin springs instead tho.

what did u do to cover up the hole in the fender? i bought a nice piece of leather and cut and formed it to fit over the hole. it looks really nice! im still able to use my butty buddy pad on the fender. i just used the front screw on the rear fender as an anchor for the pad.
I cut him a filler plate from an old fender. He's getting it filled & repainted.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:08 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Grammaton
You do good work, man. Problem is you showed us pictures. Now everyone is going to try and fill your pockets with cash as they try to get a kit from you.
Lol...

Originally Posted by Moustache
Meh it was worth a try, and your right, universal stuff almost never fits how it is supposed to. You do good work man, guess i'll just have to learn to weld.
You can just draw lines on it & take it somewhere to have it welded. Back in the day I used to take everything to a local muffler shop to have it welded.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:30 PM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is no point in a springer seat accompanied with rear shocks. Plain retarded.

The following users liked this post:
SeaKnot (01-01-2022)
Old 08-12-2010, 07:39 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by streetfighter06
There is no point in a springer seat accompanied with rear shocks. Plain retarded.
Then be happy that it is not your bike. The first portion of your comment is an opinion and I respect that but the last sentence, albeit short and to the point, is out of line and I don't appreciate it. Please don't post this type of negativity in my thread. You will not hear an opinion I have about your bike until you ask for it because I don't want to unnecessarily offend you and your work.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-13-2010, 07:14 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

the talent on this forum never ceases to amaze me,
awesome job man.......

Quick Reply: 04 & up spring seat mount for 10 bucks