Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 & up spring seat mount for 10 bucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 03:01 PM
FlatIron
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great job Mreed, I always look forward to your write ups, great quality and design for little $$$ keep it up!

Got anything for a clean front signal relocation?!?! Lol

Old 08-17-2011, 04:44 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BurpleHugger
Bad ***, simple and quick. How was the rear mounted? Maube I missed it.
Springs bolt to the seat and straight to the frame. I mentioned it but don't think I posted good pics of it.

Originally Posted by fkaluddite
where did you stash the ecm?
On this one I put it on the down tube behind the rear cylinder...where the ECM's are located on the newer models.

Originally Posted by FlatIron
Great job Mreed, I always look forward to your write ups, great quality and design for little $$$ keep it up!

Got anything for a clean front signal relocation?!?! Lol
Lol...I usually just take them off. Did you see where I mounted the turn signals on my wife's 04? On the frame, behind the neck, below the front tank mount?

Old 08-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

I am always happy to read one of your post mreed.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:57 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks awesome, as always!

Old 08-18-2011, 05:33 AM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks guys.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:44 AM
UFOtestpilot
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mreed
Then be happy that it is not your bike. The first portion of your comment is an opinion and I respect that but the last sentence, albeit short and to the point, is out of line and I don't appreciate it. Please don't post this type of negativity in my thread. You will not hear an opinion I have about your bike until you ask for it because I don't want to unnecessarily offend you and your work.

Thanks in advance.

I want to take a minute to tell you that not only do I respect your work, but your talent extends to maintaining your personal boundaries with diplomacy and tact. I'm impressed.

The seat mount is cool too. All too often $$$ online parts don't fit just right, or they fail due to poor build quality, or they are nowhere near worth the cash. You have a knack for keeping the focus on how to get it done without wasting time and/or cash, so the bike can get back out and be ridden. As simple as it should be.

Old 08-18-2011, 09:05 AM
FlatIron
Tourer

Lol...I usually just take them off. Did you see where I mounted the turn signals on my wife's 04? On the frame, behind the neck, below the front tank mount?[/QUOTE]

I really was thinking about removing them, but I live in north jersey and riding here is crazy enough... So I want to make sure drivers know where I'm going... Are there pics in your album? Which bike is it?

Old 08-18-2011, 03:15 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by UFOtestpilot
I want to take a minute to tell you that not only do I respect your work, but your talent extends to maintaining your personal boundaries with diplomacy and tact. I'm impressed.

The seat mount is cool too. All too often $$$ online parts don't fit just right, or they fail due to poor build quality, or they are nowhere near worth the cash. You have a knack for keeping the focus on how to get it done without wasting time and/or cash, so the bike can get back out and be ridden. As simple as it should be.
Thank you sir.

Originally Posted by FlatIron
Lol...I usually just take them off. Did you see where I mounted the turn signals on my wife's 04? On the frame, behind the neck, below the front tank mount?
I really was thinking about removing them, but I live in north jersey and riding here is crazy enough... So I want to make sure drivers know where I'm going... Are there pics in your album? Which bike is it?[/quote]

Crappy pic but the only one I can find right now. They're mounted to the frame & not the front end.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:48 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great Mike! I just finished making a template for the Nightster last week... wish I knew about this thread back then, I could have cheated a little. ;+)

Old 10-10-2011, 10:46 PM
TexFF
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EXACTLY what I'm wanting to do! Do you remember the size holes you drilled the bracket & frame for the bushings? Thickness of the plate? Do you think they have the bushings @ Fastenal? Thanks a TON!!!

Quick Reply: 04 & up spring seat mount for 10 bucks