Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moto Gadget Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 11:02 AM
IronBoy883
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moto Gadget Speedo

Hey everyone since I bought my iron I have been looking into options about relocating the speedo as I really do not like the look of it stock. While I know there are make shift ways to move it to the side and the joker machine kit, I recently heard about the moto gadget clamp digital speedo/tach. It is only $245 and gives the bike the clean look I am going for. Before I buy it however I wanted to know if anyone has experience with this and how well it works.

Thanks in advance
Matt

Old 01-06-2011, 01:17 PM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I know that you have to buy the top clamp & gauge separately...are you sure that's the right price?

I think it would be cool if you could change the display color. You may be able to...I don't know, but the funky red would not sit well with me.

Old 01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mreed
I think it would be cool if you could change the display color. You may be able to...I don't know, but the funky red would not sit well with me.

So true... One of the things I hate about the Nightster is that the gauge illumination cannot be changed. They do it with the bigger bikes, why not the Sporties? I just can't stand that "been on the bottom of a lake for three months" muddy orange color, especially if you plan on a non-orange custom paint, like I am for Tiffany.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:52 PM
fkaluddite
Cruiser

i looked at it online for use with my custom. the $245 is for the top clamp. the speedo part is another $350 or so dollars. the whole set up is between 500 and 600 american. here's a link to a place that sells them. http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...-top-clmps.htm
very cool except for the price.

Old 01-06-2011, 09:53 PM
fkaluddite
Cruiser

get the rsd reloctor and idiot lights. i just installed one on my 883 custom as part of a handlebar change and it is vey cool.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:22 AM
Maidenas
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fkaluddite
get the rsd reloctor and idiot lights. i just installed one on my 883 custom as part of a handlebar change and it is vey cool.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:26 AM
storm8732
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Just my worthless $.02....but what difference does the gauge illumination color make in
regard to the color of your custom paint....the only time you really see it is at night....and at night....most everything is black...and nobody is going to be that close to you to tell what color your speedo is anyway...I am very **** about alot of things (ask my brother)....but that is just a little overboard to me....

Old 01-07-2011, 05:32 AM
mreed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by storm8732
Just my worthless $.02....but what difference does the gauge illumination color make in
regard to the color of your custom paint....the only time you really see it is at night....and at night....most everything is black...and nobody is going to be that close to you to tell what color your speedo is anyway...I am very **** about alot of things (ask my brother)....but that is just a little overboard to me....
Personal preference really. You must not be that **** if it doesn't matter if every single piece doesn't flow.

I once spent a whole weekend changing all of the individual dash lights (l.e.d.'s soldered to circuit board) in a truck of mine to get the color I wanted.

To me it's just that one step further to have something that the guy next to you can't just go buy & bolt on.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:56 AM
ironhide_uk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personal preference really. You must not be that **** if it doesn't matter if every single piece doesn't flow..

To me it's just that one step further to have something that the guy next to you can't just go buy & bolt on.
man you are soooooo right, if I have to spend weeks doing a mods to get it to flow, match or just look one of a kind I will.
I have been ask why? Because I can, why not go that bit extra and give it that bit more and make it ya own lol

Last edited by ironhide_uk; 01-07-2011 at 05:57 AM. Reason: Spelling D'OH!
Old 01-07-2011, 06:40 AM

Personal preference really. You must not be that **** if it doesn't matter if every single piece doesn't flow.

I once spent a whole weekend changing all of the individual dash lights (l.e.d.'s soldered to circuit board) in a truck of mine to get the color I wanted.

Absolutely! My boss at D&L Motorcycle Emporium (customizer) had us align every screw head on the bike so that the slots were all in the same direction!

Quick Reply: Moto Gadget Speedo