Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whatcha guys think? (Nightster pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 04:07 PM
silverado_mick
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Whatcha guys think? (Nightster pics)

Here's a couple pics of my Nightster as it sits right now. I'm pretty happy with my winter mods since It's my first bike and I went into this not really knowing what I was doing. Just looking for opinions or suggestions. I know I want to get rid of the belt guards but I don't have a big enough torx bit yet so that's on hold. Anything else you guys see that would be simple, cool changes to make before riding season gets going?

Old 03-02-2011, 04:41 PM
sorensentyler
Road Captain
Received 121 Likes on 68 Posts

you can take the bottom belt guard off without using a torx. should be 3 screws going into the bottom of the swing arm. take off your front fender and put a brace on it from lickscycles. they look sick man. next thing i'd do it get rid of all that ugly plastic underneath the tank and raise it 2'' or 2 1/2''. very easy mod and it gives the bike a nice look. i'll attach a pic of what i used to lift the tank. just use the flat piece.

Attached Thumbnails Whatcha guys think? (Nightster pics)-0208111753b.jpg  
Old 03-02-2011, 05:11 PM
silverado_mick
Advanced

Originally Posted by sorensentyler
you can take the bottom belt guard off without using a torx. should be 3 screws going into the bottom of the swing arm. take off your front fender and put a brace on it from lickscycles. they look sick man. next thing i'd do it get rid of all that ugly plastic underneath the tank and raise it 2'' or 2 1/2''. very easy mod and it gives the bike a nice look. i'll attach a pic of what i used to lift the tank. just use the flat piece.

I'd love to get rid of all the plastic under the tank, but I don't wanna go crazy high with a tank lift either. I'm just not a fan of the way they look with the tank all stood up. Maybe if I could get away with 1/2" or maybe an inch I'd do it, but I dunno if the wirse would tuck right without going higher.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:16 PM
JuniorNasty
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off to a very good start! sorensentyler mentioned some great mods that give a great look as well.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:04 PM
silverado_mick
Advanced

Here's a stupid question; lets say I hate the silver oil dipstick. How would I go about getting the trim ring off of there to paint it black?

Old 03-02-2011, 06:17 PM
Bulldogextreme
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about your rear turn signals located through your rear axle?

Old 03-02-2011, 09:51 PM
zero5odc
Novice

Are you talking about this:

http://www.lickscycles.com/catalog/p...oducts_id=1999

??

Originally Posted by sorensentyler

Old 03-02-2011, 10:25 PM
snacks63
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont lift the tank or mount your signals through the axle those are mods that just look like s^%t try somthing new look at other bikes not sportsters and come up with your own ideas

Old 03-02-2011, 10:43 PM
giarc1234
Advanced

I dig it...

Old 03-02-2011, 11:02 PM
JohnFromBrooklyn
Advanced

I HATE the tank lift too... but you can get rid of the plastic under the tank and not lift it at all, just relocate the coil. There are a few ways to do it. But with the coil moved you can hide enough wires to remove the plastic and get the same look.

Quick Reply: Whatcha guys think? (Nightster pics)